Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate-Lynn
Frequent user October 2022 Manitoba

Wedding robes

Kate-Lynn, on March 7, 2020 at 16:55 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9

I dont know what fabric to use for wedding robes for when we are getting ready. Satin looks really nice but does it make your hair staticky??? Cotton looks more comfortable but its more see through. Help please!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Symone, on March 12, 2020 at 10:46
  • Symone
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Symone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding robes 1
    We got satin in the two colours for out wedding! They are for pictures and the bridesmaids to keep!
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

SATIN! I purchased all my bridesmaids and myself Satin, it's super comfortable and breathable.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Get the satin one and throw them in the dryer with bounce to take out the satin before your wedding day

• Kate-Lynn
    Kate-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our wedding in October 10, so well into the fall. Hopefully it wont be dry.

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Amelia. I always have bad luck with satin being staticky but if its not a dry time of year (pretty much as long as you aren't getting married in the winter) it should work out just fine, especially if you wear something underneath.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore a satin one as a bridesmaid a few years ago and I don't remember static being a problem. By the time we put them on we already had our hair done so the hairspray may have helped.

You could also do leggings and oversized button down shirts. I've seen some cute ones where the bride is in white and the BMs all in chambray or plaid. I wore leggings and a tank under my robe anyway because it was borderline too short to be decent in the booty area.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not yet as our wedding is in aug. I think we’ll be ok because the air is more humid than dry that time of year. Also my girls are wearing there’s up. Mine will be half down but I dunno I’m not concerned
  • Kate-Lynn
    Kate-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you used satin robes? im worried about them making my hair and my bridesmaids hair staticky.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Satin.. it’s just fancier and def an occasion worth going all out for Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics