Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador

Wedding rings!!!

Rebecca, on August 2, 2021 at 10:32 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 15
Hey ladies!
So my fiancé and I have been engaged for 7 years and will be engaged for 9.5 at the time of our wedding, I’m trying to figure out and get input should we just get completely new rings for our wedding? I do have a son so I think it would be really sweet to keep my original one for him when he gets older but I honestly don’t know and some outside opinions. What do you think?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Mandy, on August 7, 2021 at 02:01
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could also have the current stones/diamonds put into a new setting. That way you can keep the sentiment and maybe “add” to it if you feel you are looking for something bigger? Like maybe buy a new diamond for the centre and use the originals to highlight the centre stone OR get a new engagement ring and have the original diamonds set into a custom Redding band to highlight the new ring. So many endless possibilities
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want a new ring I would say go for it especially since it'll be a milestone of 9.5 years together! Smiley smile

• Loralli23
    Newbie August 2021 California
    Loralli23 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in love with my ring

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want another ring, then go for it! You do whatever you want!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding bands can be your choice to add to your engagement ring as to making it feel complete. It does add some style if you choose to go with that addition. The choice of getting a whole different ring is up to you depending on what you two set your budget and stone/carat type. Its best to shop around and get prices to compare to see where you are getting the best deals and if any deals are coming up that can save you more of the price.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm in love with my ring and I've only seen a computer picture of it. I'm so excited to see in in the mold!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I never even thought of that!! That’s something we should totally look into
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have been engaged for many years as well. We definitely have a different budget than we had when we first got engaged. However, for myself I love my engagement ring its part of our story so instead of upgrading the engagement ring I am having my wedding band made so that my engagement ring will really pop. I feel like it's adding to our story. At our 10 year anniversary there's a chance I may get another ring to add once again. I think that is the best part about going to a jeweler where your ring is made for you rather than going to a department store and getting a ready made set. Just my opinion and in the end you have to make yourself happy. Whatever works for you.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a really good point 👍🏻
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want a new ring then I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as your partner is also on board. A lot of people upgrade after several years for different reasons. It might be just that their style has changed and their original ring no longer suits them, or maybe the budget just wasn't there to get what the person wanted the first time around. There are no rules about any of this so you can just do whatever works best for you and your life.

But I would just make sure to talk about it with your partner, because I could see some people being offended if their partner wanted a new engagement or wedding ring.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A lot of people get new fine jewelry at certain milestones like major anniversaries. Others also upgrade their rings down the road when they want something bigger and flashier but couldn't afford it initially when they got married. So if getting a new ring will make you happy and excited, and money is not a factor, go for it!

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah your over thinking it haha basically I’m wondering of anyone else has been engaged for a ive age and got a new engagement ring before getting married money isn’t an issue for us it’s more of a am I being insane for wanting a new one
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you don't already have the wedding band but you want one and are able to afford it, then sure! Same goes with your fiance, who I assume doesn't have any ring yet and would probably like one after getting married.

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So Ive had the same engagement ring for the last number of years and I’m wondering if I should get myself a whole new bridal set when I purchase his rings
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Traditionally when you get married, each partner also gets a wedding band in addition to the engagement ring that was given during the proposal. Of course, rings are not a legal requirement for marriage.

When you say new rings, do you mean to ask whether you should get a set of wedding bands for the wedding? Or do you already have a pair of rings despite not being married and you want a new pair?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics