Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Frequent user November 2018 Alberta

Wedding Rentals

Casey, on January 22, 2018 at 10:27 Posted in Alberta 0 5
Just wondering what people feel is a must for rentals? I figured chair covers and linens but is there anything else people suggest we don't DIY and just rent. (For example we debated about making our own backdrops)

5 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on January 22, 2018 at 14:22
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you rent a sound system, be sure to get one that includes a sound board to hook the laptop up to. That was one piece of advise given to us. We are using spotify. We will be downloading some songs ahead of time, but there will be internet so some songs can just be played if there is a request.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have really been debating about just renting sound equipment too! I find that many places have all these bells and whistles and lights that I just don't want... I asked for people to request a song when they RSVP, figured since FH is putting a playlist together he can add their requests and I don't doubt many people will ask for the same song
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm for sure DIYing my centerpieces, simple dollarstore vases with fairy lights I've had kicking around for projects, some glass beads and pinecones 😊
    We debated about LED tree rentals but I'm also a Christmas freak so we bought 4 and can use them at Christmas time in the future.

We have seen PVC pipe structures for backdrops, debating about doing that to cut costs on renting but then I cringe thinking about buying all these drapes for a backdrop and wondering what to do with them after? Many people have suggested selling them on a buy and sell after so it's still up in the air.
    We also don't want some crazy disco lighting that djs bring so I've debated about purchasing my own lights to create the up lighting I do want but again I'm stuck with 8 uplights after all is said and done - rentals are $25/light which is the same as retail so again debating since the cost is the same.

Our catering is supplying all plates, napkins, cutlery, glassware, tea/coffee station stuff along with their chaffing dishes and some white linens for the tables they set up on.
    Don't have a cake stand... but we also havnt decided on cake/dessert - the holder could be supplied... think that's a rental for sure.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We rented charger plates, linens, and chairs from an event rental company!

What kinds of things are you debating DIYing?

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are renting our backdrop from our venue and sound system since we are not hiring a DJ. We opted not to have an arch during the ceremony, otherwise we would've had to rent one of those as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics