Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Wedding Registries - Where to Start?

Lynnie, on August 28, 2017 at 16:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Creating our registry was surprisingly hard! You'd think making a gift wish list would be super easy - but it can also be overwhelming Smiley shame

Where did you start? What helped you in the process?

Make sure to check out our 10 Tips for Creating Your Wedding Registry , and share your favorite tips in the comments below!

Photo from Crate & Barrel

Photo from Crate & Barrel

8 Comments

Latest activity by Samtam, on August 31, 2017 at 15:35
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we first got engaged, we were living with my family so we waited to make a registry until we moved into our own place. It worked out great because we could actually see what we needed. We went to a Sip and Scan event shortly after we moved in and it was a fun way to set up our registry! The store had mocktails and hors d'ouevres and a DJ and reps from the different brands available so you could ask them questions about the products. I would highly recommend it!

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of the items we registered for were things we don't have or things that need to be upgraded. My toaster was $8 and nearly burns everything so that went on the list! We don't live together yet and we surprisingly don't have a lot of stuff. Everyone assumed we did though which was kind of awkward. Most of my stuff is second hand from the thrift store or from the dollar store.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We registered with home outfitters and we went in two times total, we walked around the store, did one section at a time, first towels and linens, then bathroom, then kitchen etc.. and we scanned what we wanted. We also looked online and added anything else we might have missed at the store and then went in a second time to do a final look. We also did one at bed, bath and beyond and we just did it online as we don't have one in our city, but a lot of the guests coming to the bridal shower etc, had one near them... we just didn't make it as big and it was a lot of random items that we didn't see at home outfitters.

• Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We already own our own house so a registry is stressing me out a bit. But we found this awesome Canadian company that is an online gift registry but for your honeymoon! Honeyfund it's called. People can contribute to specific parts of your honeymoon (like $100 for a romantic beach dinner) or just give blank money donations towards the trip total. An easier way to open the floor to monetary donations to!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We put some stuff we wanted upgraded on ours as well as dream things or silly wants.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We put some things we wanted uograded
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to Home outfitters and met with a lady there - you can register for new towels, bed sheets, upgrade appliances etc.
    The downside with the homeoutfitters one - a lot of the items ended up being discontinued and there isn't a picture to view on their website. (discontinued isn't a big deal you can always get a different brand - but the picture I find really helps as you can visualize what you are looking for!!)
    We also created a registry on Myregistry.com i wish I just did this registry instead of the home outfitters one, you can go online and if there is something you want - just a simple click and it's added to your list. and then for your guests when looking at the registry can click on it and it will take them to the website. The only downside is that it's american based so you can't link too many Canadian companies to the Myregistry as of now.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since we just bought a house we already have everything we need so our registry, if people feel compelled to get us something, is simply travel giftcards so we can travel next year. I imagine it would be tough creating a real registry though as there are so many neat kitchen gadgets and random things to choose from!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics