Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marcia
Super August 2018 Manitoba

Wedding Reception Entrance

Marcia, on April 19, 2018 at 14:28 Posted in Wedding reception 0 17

What is your wedding entrance song for your reception, will you be doing a dance entrance with your entire wedding party? As a dance teacher myself I will be creating choreography for our wedding party to learn for our reception entrance (something fun). I haven't picked my song choices yet but I will be creating a little mix with an Afro song, Spanish song and R&B/Hiphop song to blend my hubby's and I cultures together. What are some of your wedding entrance ideas and song choices?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 2, 2018 at 22:25
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I chose an Indian song for the wedding party to teach and ot went smooth except the song was a remix as to the original version

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love that song! Good choice!

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds awesome, love that song choice!

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds so fun! Smiley shame

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be letting the party collectively choose a song for themselves and my fiance and I will walk in to September by Earth Wind and Fire. We are getting married on September 21st because of this song, so it was an obvious choice! We're actually going with a bit of an Earth Wind and Fire "theme" as my father and I will also be dancing to a song by them.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly haven't even thought not that. The DJ will probably just announce us, maybe play a background song. But no dance entrance for us, we will just walk in and sit down for dinner, simple.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't remember what we chose as our entrance song, but it is different from what the rest of the wedding party are walking in with!

I always enjoy watching those choreographed dances! But, as we both have two left feet, we will not be doing one! Our first dance will be after dinner (and a drink!)

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your entrance sounds really fun! We're probably going to have our DJ announce us, then go straight into our first dance song (whatever that will be).

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven’t decided on ours yet, but your entrance sounds awesome and so fun!!
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I LOVE that track!! great choice!
    our DJ is introducing the bridal party, followed by a Chinese Lion Dance, followed by first Dance to Living Out My Dreams by Roch Voisine
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our MC will be announcing us, and then our bridal party will go in ahead of us. And we’re dancing in to “Shut Up and Dance” by walk off the moon! Super excited!
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well that's fun! We are definitely not co-ordinated enough for a dance piece and not sure what we'll do for ours but my friend got married last year and for her entrances she let each bridesmaid/groomsman pairing pick their own entrance song in advance and the dj did a little mix with every entry. Some of the entrance songs were "Jump on it", "Crazy in Love", the BM and I walked in to "Another One Bites the Dust" and the bride and groom walked in to "Marry Me" by Bruno Mars.

It was super fun and the guests loved it.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We walked into our reception to “Crazy In Love” but didn’t have a dance!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s so fun!! I love it! ❤️
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't thought this far ahead yet. Both my fiance and I aren't super shy people, but we are not really comfortable with a big song and dance (pardon the pun). So there won't be a choreographed dance, or a big bridal party entrance. Probably just an announcement of the Mr. & Mrs. to some music. Maybe go straight into the first dance.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure on our songs yet but likely one of the orchestral pieces from Star Wars. Our entrance will also involve Storm Troopers, Darth Vader and several other Star Wars characters. Smiley smile

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually didn't have an entrance song for our reception. Everyone was seated for dinner and our MC just announced us as a married couple for the first time and people clapped while we made our way to our table.

I like that you are going to have something fun to do with your whole wedding party! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics