Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Beginner June 2018 British Columbia

Wedding reception activities

Michelle, on March 4, 2018 at 00:14 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10
Hi, we're having a small wedding of sixty. In a very small venue 😐 we started with forty five but it grew. We most likely won't be doing dancing etc as no space and wedding has no alcohol and Canada day is the next day people want to party after. But I don't want everyone to be bored. What are some not super physical games we can play. Example, wedding advice cards mmmmm, give me ideas please

10 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 5, 2018 at 14:45
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could always look into things like a bean bag toss game, you could make a guess who type of game that is made up of the wedding party and/or guests.

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Michelle,

Here's the website that I got all my madlibs from. There are 9 different ones, all quite funny. I've tested a few with some co-workers who can't make it to the wedding. We had a blast.

Mad Libs

(Scroll down to the bottom where the scissors are to download them)

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't know any off hand unfortunately! Wish I could be of more help!
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome thank you!
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can play a lot of fun games with the crowd too about the bride and groom, like 'who said it' and have guests raise their hands on who they think said it. Another popular game to do at weddings is have the bride and groom sit back to back with a sign that says 'her' and 'him' then ask the couple questions about them and the bride and groom answer with whether that think it's something she does more or he does more. There's a lot of ideas for personalized games like this floating about if you looked around on pinterest Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've been checking online and can only find the mad link advice cards. Would you happen to know any sites I could check out for the other type card games? Thanks so much
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could do the he said she said wedding game where you sit back to back and hold up the according shoe to the question asked. (Not sure the actual name of the game lol). Is there any outdoor space? You could do yard games.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could do a Mad Libs game, where each table gets personalized mad libs card to fill out (all about you two!), And then each tables has to read out what they wrote. I wanted to do something similar, but have two many guests (135) for it to make logistic sense. Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a small wedding and no games were involved since the day was right through with events: wedding lead to cocktail hour and then reception. Everyone enjoyed dancing throughout the evening to the late night. Music was happening and suggestion of non alcoholic wine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics