Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marissa
Curious August 2021 Ontario

Wedding Postponed

Marissa, on May 13, 2020 at 19:15 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 17
My fiancé and I were suppose to be getting married August 22 2020 , but after some deep consideration we have decided to postpone our wedding till next year. We want everyone to be comfortable and have a great time. We figured that even if the governments opens up everything a lot people will still not be comfortable being a room with 160 other people.

Our new date now is August 14 2021! We are still planning to get married though this year in my mother in laws backyard. Then next year we will re-new our vows on the same day.
I feel so much better that we were both on the same page about postponing and that all our vendors were willing to accommodate us.
For all my 2020 brides ! Keep your head up COVID -19 will not stop us from getting married to the man of our dreams

17 Comments

Latest activity by Eden, on May 21, 2020 at 07:14
  • Eden
    Frequent user August 2021 British Columbia
    Eden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We postponed from August 21st, 2020 to August 21st, 2021.

I was really happy we got to keep the same date because to me it already feels like "our anniversary", and because we had originally switched from June 20th, 2020 to August quite a while back (schedule conflicts, unrelated to covid) and I really didn't want to have another "almost-wedding date" haha

• Katherine
    Curious August 2021 Prince Edward Island
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is what I wanted to do! Have a small ceremony this year and then get married in the church next year with everyone. My mom is totally against the idea-mainly because she thinks it’s a burden to get people dressed up twice (there’s only 12 people coming who are parents and grandparents) and that everyone will have seen my dress from photos.
  • Vanny
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    August 8 was our date as well! I'm coming across so many couples with that date for their wedding. It's pretty popular! But we pulled the plug and decided to just postpone to next summer. Our venue is completely booked for next August but we managed to snatch July 10 2021 😊
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats great you were able to reschedule!!

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our date is August 8 and we have postponed to August 14, 2021 as well. We were also lucky with all our vendors. It made it all much easier.
    Us to have decided to still get married on our date this year. I struggled a lot with the decision but I didn't want to go past the date wishing we had done it anyways. Next year and this year will be both special in different ways. Now my hardest decision has been deciding about wearing my dress or not. I think I am leaning towards a simpler dress and saving my gown for next though.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding was scheduled for Aug 29, 2020 and that’s why we postponed to next July too. We don’t think people will feel comfortable yet. Congrats on making a decision that works for you Smiley smile it’s a big relief!
  • Vanny
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    August 8 was our date as well!!! We officially decided to pull the plug and postpone to next summer. We wanted August still but our venue completely booked up so our new date is July 10 2021. At least we got a summer date still as that's what I really wanted

Our love will go on ❤️❤️❤️
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am supposed to be getting married August 22nd too, we are most likely moving it to May 23rd instead but still holding out until end of June. Good on you for going with your gut and will still be getting married to your love this year! best of both worlds! Smiley smile

• Clauds
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great to hear!

My date is August 7th and while I've not made a decision yet about postponing. I have made peace with the idea of having a ceremony (hopefully in the garden of our venue) and a reception for Summer 2021.

It's great that all our vendors are so accommodating during all of this. They are hurting no doubt but are still so dedicated to making our day special no matter how it much of a change it will be Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Deep thoughts were put into what you wanted and had to do which was a hard thing. Its the thought that counts to have your guests feel safer for next year travelling without any concerns or hold backs. The idea of renewal vows is good since it doesn't have to be with an Officiant present.

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amanda you too 💗
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the new date!

My fiance and I were supposed to get married August 8 but have postponed until August 7 2021

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much! Smiley heart

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I feel really bad for the brides that have to deal with horrible vendors.

And December is still far from now , just keep your head up and stay positive I’m sure things will start to get better 💗
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amelia 💗

Yeah I don’t see the point of putting our family and friends through that craziness. Their safety is the comes first
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So amazing to hear that you are still planning on getting married this year and you're right, nothing will stop us! It must be such a great feeling that you and your fiance are on the same page Smiley smile It's also great to hear that you vendors are on the same page because I have heard of some horror stories ...

My fiance and I have a December 2020 date so i'm worrying but still positive thoughts ahead. We have the same view as you and we will still be legally getting married no matter what.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on the new date!

It definitely makes sense to wait, I can't imagine trying to celebrate while staying 6 feet apart and following regulations.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics