Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsay
Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia

Wedding Planning Stress

Lindsay, on October 26, 2021 at 13:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 8
Hi everyone!

I’m in the midst of planning and Im already getting stressed out because of looking for venues, I have one in mind but we are in the process of negotiating with them and it worries me just thinking about it cause I love the venue.
How do you guys deal with the stress of planning a wedding?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 17, 2021 at 13:40
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding planning was as stressful as the family drama taking place and what control of events couldn't take place based on the fact of us being two grooms then. Culturally, its difficult to just have the parents understand how society is changing and couples of any kind can have the same things done. Despite of what was going to be done for the henna, I had still gotten it done 2 days before the wedding itself during my week off from work.

• Lindsay
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was overwhelmed yesterday that I had some thoughts about postponing it till 4-5 years from now cause of the money situation. It’s better now but yeah…
  • K
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One week at a time! Since the wedding is in 2023 (same as myself) you have lots of time to sort everything out. Once the venue is picked it’s a huge stress relief! Perhaps create a timeline so that you focus on one topic at a time. Example) this month our main focus is our wedding theme colours. Next month we will look into photographers etc. It makes the process less stressful more fun!!
  • Vicky
    Beginner September 2022 British Columbia
    Vicky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The correct answer to this is wine, right? Vodka? Oooh.. just me? Eek. Smiley winking

ANYWAYS. I've been purposefully scheduling myself time dedicated to not talking or thinking or planning ANYTHING wedding. I've also let my MOH know when we've gotten together when I don't want to talk about wedding related things so I don't feel like our conversations are dominated by just that topic.

The venue portion was not so great in the beginning. Trying to find one that was PERFECT but also directly in the budget and was in a great area and, and, and.... ugh. It turns out that bringing in your own vendors as opposed to going with an all-inclusive winds up being more cost effective. That said, if you happen to have a more generous budget you can cut down on a lot of stress by going the route of an all inclusive. Less for you to worry about as someone else takes care of it. Make sure you look at more than one venue - I thought I had one in mind that I WANTED until I actually went there and realized I couldn't see myself saying "I do."

Inhale. Exhale. You got this. Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's important to detach yourself from the planning process once in a while. Your wedding is 20 months away and if I recall correctly, you started planning before you were actually engaged. So I would take a breather and take your mind off things since there's so much time for you. We're more than just our weddings.

• Amy
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Amy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wine … lots of wine
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly if you need to get yourself a little less stressed maybe only allow yourself to do wedding related planning a few days a week and take a couple days off. Try to find anything else to occupy your time. I found that when we were getting ready to reschedule that was the most stressful part for me. Once we made the decision (though it would have been made for us cause it was total lockdown then) I took months away from the planning. I couldn't even look at anything that had to do with weddings. Now I'm just trying to get everything done. Our invitations went out today so that is nice. I still have all of our centerpieces to get together. Also the bouquets and boutineers. Plus get the welcome sign done. It's all coming together which after so much time is comforting. L
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly for me because of how stressful it got (and expensive) we just post-poned to 2024. I can take things slowly, read my way through contracts and also save a lot more. Unfortunately a lot of places are increasing their prices and the majority will not budge from their price, but if you are going for a venue that is not open to tweaking a few things in the contract, like when and if you can post-pone, if you are able to sell your deposit if something comes up, etc.

Also, I feel like selecting a venue was the most stressful, not even because of price but because of how many there are, how many new ones keep popping up and making sure you get the best bang for your buck.

When selecting a venue I suggest also checking out their google reviews, because on wedding wire there is not much negative reviews whereas google has them all, I was able to pick out a few that way.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics