Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Devoted September 2022 Ontario

Wedding Planning Process

Meghan, on July 14, 2022 at 10:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Is it just me or does anyone else not enjoy the wedding planning process? I'm not one to enjoy planning parties as it is but this wedding planning has just been so stressful in so many ways. I'm excited for the wedding day and to marry the love of my life but i'm also looking so forward to never planning a wedding ever again!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Jasmine, on July 21, 2022 at 07:43
  • Jasmine
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is so hard becuz no one want to help and people are making the planning so dificult! i originally had enough people to help on day of but people keep dropping out before the wedding. family and friends do not support my vision for wedding and i feel so stress thinking my magical day wont be magical becuz of what everyone did

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The planning process can be hard and stressful for the most part. Outdoor weddings give this feeling since your starting from scratch from tent rent all the way to the decor. Everything to be arranged with timing is important.
    A venue that offers a lot to take the stress of you helps since they do the cooking, serving, bartending and set up. The decor and finer details seem easier once you know the seating chart and a way to let the kitchen/servers staff which guests get the right meal according to a colour system.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is really great advice Amanda!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I managed to find a venue that does it all, so I'm just doing the little things guest list, seating chart, music, the rest is venue. I feel like I'm missing out on the planning of it but also glad I do not have to stress and dish out more money on hidden fees or extra cost. Next summer instead of stressing I'll be able to relax and enjoy it. Then September comes and I spoil myself and then get married.

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our wedding is in 57 days so everything is pretty much done with now. we've been engaged for almost 2 years so we have definitely taken multiple breaks from planning throughout the engagement and i totally agree its refreshing but like i said i just hate planning parties family has been stressful as well and i'm just so ready for the wedding day to actually be here.

• Amanda
    Curious November 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its easy to say and hard to follow but one of the best pieces of advice someone gave me when I first got engaged was to take time to enjoy being engaged. Planning the wedding is important but more important is that you are marrying the love of your life, your partner for the rest of your life. That's all that really matters at the end of the day, the rest of it is just frills. If the planning gets stressful put it aside, take a break then go back to it later. I've told my fiance more then once "hey I dont want to talk about wedding stuff right now" and we end it and go back to it later when Im in a better headspace.

Take a weekend off, go on a date with your fiance. Dont talk about the wedding, just be with each other. Maybe try to find a wedding show happening in your area, they can be a lot of fun to just walk around and see what services people offer, it can really help with ideas too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics