Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alix
Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan

Wedding planning limbo

Alix, on April 20, 2019 at 11:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
I sort of feel like I'm in wedding planning limbo. It's still over 400 days away and I got a lot of planning done early. And now we just have to save up for things. And I keep looking at wedding stuff but it's all stuff I've looked at already and I already know what I want.
We have a wedding social in June so I am planning for that. But even that we just have to save up and pay the venue and buy alcohol etc.
I know once June hits and the wedding is a year away, there's going to be lots to do. I just feel like I should be doing something now. But maybe i should just enjoy this time to relax before the craziness starts.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on April 25, 2019 at 14:54
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had this same feeling, it's great having so much planned so far out from the wedding but it does for sure put you in that limbo for a few months.

I spent a lot of that time watching for sales and starting on some of our DYI projects. Even once the 1 year mark was hit we did a lot of the larger stuff right off the bat and no we are very calmly approaching our 1 month mark with only the tiniest of things left to do.

Its honestly a blessing having that limbo, enjoy it!

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Alix,

Trust me, i've been there. We booked our wedding venue/photographer in April 2017 for a wedding that happened in August 2018. To be honest, there isn't much you can do after you've booked all the major things. We found that vendors don't talk to you about your wedding until 3 months prior to the big day. So, timelines, rehearsals, picking colors of sashes for chair covers and all happen closer to this day. I just concentrated during that long waiting period on getting as much DIY done as possible, getting our guestbook ready after getting photos from our engagement shoot.

If anything, go dress hunting with your girls to pass the time. There is a timeline out there that recommends at what point in time you'll need to have things done by. Hope that can help you pass the time. And most of all, enjoy the process of being engaged, maybe go to a few wedding shows Smiley heart

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just enjoy the time. I was like that I had a lot of things done well in advance which gave me lots of time to relax. As well as being able to concentrate on paying things off.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your ahead of the time frame and set knowing the little details will be overlooked towards the last month. The feeling of thinking there is lots to do is simple by communicating with your vendors providing the timeline of events/entrances/songs information.

I was 18 months when starting planning and had the deposit paid 2 months after the vendors were kind enough to hold the date even without getting the money. I did give them the money eventually and my date was booked.

Enjoy putting the baskets together for your social event coming up months time and party with your wedding party and friends/family.

• Alix
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya, my mom dropped found most of the donations and has dropped them off at my house. I still have a few to follow up with. Then once I have them all, I have start figuring out what can go into a basket together. I also have to start making signs for the prize but also signs for ticket prices etc.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, I thought I was prepared for the social, but then before you know it it's time! I say if you have all the prizes ready to go and you've sent out/ dropped off all the donation letters (which was the biggest thing for a social), then enjoy this down time!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s awesome! Also don’t be afraid to enjoy the limbo, there will be nothing plenty to do when you get closer to the wedding
  • Alix
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya, I have been doing lots of research and looking at what we can get for bridal gifts etc as well. I think I will enjoy this down time a bit Smiley smile
  • Alix
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya, we have our venue booked and our photographers booked. My mom is making the cupcakes/cake and her boyfriend is making the food. I've bought a few things for the decorating (I have burlap for table runners and I have the vases for the centerpieces). And we're doing our own music so we don't need to hire a DJ. I do have a couple of signs that I could work on but I might wait till after our social to do them.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely had this when I was early in my engagement. While in limbo, I worked on some DIY/researched styles so I was still excited about the wedding and hopefully save myself some stress now that I'm 6 months out.

Also you're at a good point to start researching/hiring vendors, who might honour 2019 rates for your 2020 wedding if you book ahead.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I completely understand where you are coming from! When we got engaged and picked our date we were just over 500 days out. We booked all the big stuff and then I was like “ now what”
    i did a lot of research and saving up. I went through all my checklists and tried to check off things I could do early on instead of waiting until the last minute. Any little detail that I could get done and pay for now so I didn’t have to worry closer to the day when all the big deposits are due I started shopping for (shoes, jewelry, my husbands gift for the day, bridesmaids gifts)
    We are about 5 and a half months away from our wedding and I feel like things are finally starting to happen. Enjoy the down time! Before you know it, the big day will be here!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics