Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bonita
Newbie May 2022 Alberta

Wedding planning and covid 19

Bonita, on April 11, 2020 at 18:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 1

Is anyone else having a difficult time planning your wedding which may or may not happen depending on covid 19 restrictions? Should I plan everything like it is a go and deal with cancelling everything later if necessary? Do I still send invitations not knowing if the wedding and reception will happen? We won't know when restrictions are lifted until May and we are planning a July 25th wedding. Advice please!

1 Comment

Latest activity by Sierra, on April 14, 2020 at 12:59
  • S
    Newbie July 2021 Alberta
    Sierra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi! Our wedding is August 1, 2020, so just after yours. We sent our invitations a few weeks ago (half of our guests are coming from Ontario, so we wanted to give them a heads' up. I included a short letter in each that basically said, we're still planning on going ahead at this time, and for people to book their flights, hotels, etc. if they're comfortable doing so, but to make sure they get cancellation insurance, and that we would give them as much notice as possible if we need to postpone.

I'm still going ahead with planning, since it might still happen, but I'm making sure that all of my contracts with vendors have policies that will work for covid (i.e. force majeure clauses), that I'm talking to the vendors about covid and that they're willing to refund deposits/use deposits for future dates if we have to postpone, and making sure that my emails with vendors clearly have this all in writing (just in case they try to refuse refunding a deposit after they agreed to).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics