Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Curious July 2021 New Brunswick

Wedding planning

Jennifer, on November 3, 2020 at 08:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Hey all!

Hope with all that is going on that you are all not on edge about your wedding plans, my fiance and I were considering postponing for another year, decided to keep our date for next July. As we were uncertain what may be happening by then. We have decided to continue with our planning and if need be we will make different plans a that time.

Just wanted to see what you all are doing, and have decided to do....

11 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on November 8, 2020 at 09:47
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I honestly do not want to postpone, we will have to keep an ear come the next year to see how things are going to flow, but I am thinking that even if you decide to have those the closest to us, we will be doing good.

Thank you, hope you and yours as well.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As they say wedding planning can be stressful as is, then well get all got this thrown at us, with the uncertainties of it all.

What a great idea to keep with your plans, and have who matters most to you on your big day, you get married and a vacation! Happy for you!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We had that happen to our hall we wanted to rent for the reception, they closed their doors. With the location we are getting married there are not a lot of other options out there, we are waiting to see what can be done. At least we have a few more months.

Hopefully you are able to find a suitable place for your dinner.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is great, glad that you still got your day this year without having to postpone it all. Hopefully things will ease and you are able to get your reception.

• A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea! I'm glad we talked about a back up plan already. It really takes off a lot of the stress that comes from waiting and not knowing. I hope everything works out for everyone next year 🤞
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our wedding this year, but our reception is planned for next fall. If there are still strict restrictions and we can't have family there we will probably cancel rather than continuing to postpone over again.

I think if you keep planning and are willing to be flexible you shouldn't have a problem having a wedding next year, it might look a little different than your original plan.
  • Kevin
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Kevin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our dinner venue just called today to say that they were closing. Our wedding is April 3 which has already been rescheduled once. We have agreed we aren't even going to look for another place until January and see what happens with covid then.

• Ashley
    Beginner August 2021 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there!
    I think how you're going with the flow is a great idea, and how you're going to keep planning until you're more certain. Then will postpone if need be. I feel like a lot of people are in the same boat as you!
    My fiancé and I have decided to elope with only my parents and my sibling there! With all the uncertainty we thought it was best for us as we wanted a very intimate wedding anyways.
    My sister postponed her wedding this summer and has a new date the summer of 2021. They are keeping that date and if they aren't able to have the wedding due to covid restrictions they are going to end up eloping as well! And then she will have a "reception" party to celebrate after with all her friends and family once its safe to do so!
    Best wishes for you and your big day❤
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Postponing another year to make the big day happen better than nothing. Though the plans are in place and vendors updated is good to do. Times are getting pushed back more and everyone seems to be patient as we get better in numbers. Hope your doing well and keeping calm during all this madness.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is great! Sounds like either way it is going to be the way you want it, beautiful location as well... Smiley smile

• A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also decided to keep our date for May. If restrictions are still in place we are going to cut down to 25 people (the bridal part and spouses, our parents, his grandma, and the photographer and officiant) and have an outdoor ceremony in my sisters back yard which is on a lake. Even if we can have more people we will likely do just that if the virus still has no vaccine.
    We are going to decide in February so we can give other vendors 3 months notice.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics