Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie April 2021 Ontario

Wedding Planners?

Crystal, on August 28, 2019 at 02:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

Hi guys, I'm just curious as to how much you were charged for wedding planners, or at least the help from one! My fiance and I know what we want for our wedding, but we're struggling to find the specifics. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 11, 2019 at 15:30
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I paid just over 1000 for a month of person. i dont want to deal with ANYTHING on my wedding day lol ie how do you want the tables set up, where does this go, your cake lady is late etc. so many things happen on the day of i dont want to deal with them. we booked trade sensations and they have custom packages and pricing!

• Melanie
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t hire a planner. I have done DIY and for our day of coordination I asked some trusted friends to be of assistance, to cut back on costs.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only hired someone to be my day-of coordinator. I went to school for events, so I was more comfortable planning everything myself (plus we had a long engagement, so I had lots of time). The person I hired for day-of is a friend of mine who took the same event planning program as me, so I trust her completely.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hired a wedding planner to have someone to help my vision come to life and be there the day of to set up and organize the vendors. We pretty much know what we want on the day of our wedding so she gave us options from full wedding planning services, where she does everything to having five meetings with her to help facilitate certain vendors and organize the day. We have a budget of $3000, only because we know her full services start at $5000 and go up. As much as I have done a lot of planning and leg work so far, I am not sure how much I will need her to do. Also as our wedding is out of the city we will need to provide accommodations for them. I am out west so it could be completely different in Ontario with how much a planner would charge.

• Deedra
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Deedra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi!

Well i recently hired my wedding planner for full day service, however shes been in constant contact with me checking in and her package comes with wedding shower managing and wedding contact info. Only $500.00. Shes really a sweet heart and has helped me with so many ideas, i wouldnt have come up with and gave me some good contacts for bits and pieces. I say go for it! CheersSmiley smile
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a day of coordinator who is providing us the service of a full blown planner for around $600.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hired a day of coordinator and her rate was $1,200. I think "day of" is misleading though. We hired her in January, and our wedding is in a couple weeks. I've been emailing her questions and asking for her input since booking her. She's been invaluable as a person to bounce ideas off of an get reassurance from along the way.

We had our month-out meeting with her a couple weeks ago and the girl handed us a 5 page day of schedule detailing who was where and when. We have one more meeting with her a week before the wedding to iron out the details.

Shop around. Decide what you want out of a planner. Go meet a few and see who you jive with. My fiance and I wanted to take care of the majority of the details ourselves, but it was important to us to have somebody execute the actual day so that we could enjoy it and not worry about the details.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to get a wedding planner for about $600 excluding taxes. That amount seems lower though i didn't anticipate to go that high. I cut a lot and was down to $300. After an arguement, i called and let her know the planning wasn't going through and got half the amount back. It wasn't worth the cost for her after all that.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Price wise we found that a Day of / Month of planner was around $1,000 and a full out planner from the beginning to end costs closer to $8,000.... (says on google that the FT planners cost anywhere from $5,000-$10,000 so that's pretty accurate)

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Crystal, I would check out Wedding Planning in Niagara Falls and you can send a message to multiple at once to get different quotes. It does depend on your area of what the average costs are. It would also depend on what you are wanting. Some venues do have all inclusive packages that include it as well

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics