Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Wedding Planner? Yes or No?

Cathy, on January 23, 2018 at 09:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hello
i am trying to decide if we should hire a wedding planner, we are on a limited budget. What do you think is reasonable for a wedding planner to charge?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on January 24, 2018 at 13:05
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In total she came to $1356. We are also renting chiavari chairs and charger plates from her but that is not included in this price.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Don't focus on it too much or you are likely to get overwhelmed and want to scrap the whole thing. Remember to take breaks and do non-wedding related things.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Erin, feel better Smiley smile, true there is a lot of nerves i am just focusing on this lol

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did most of the set up the day before. My husband and friends and family to care of day of set up as I was busy with hair and makeup most of the day. I wasn't overly stressed. I already had a lot of nerves and stuff just for the wedding.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How was the day of of Erin, did you have help to set up, put centrepieces up etc. were you stressed? that is what is stressing me out now thinking of the day of and i don't have a bridal party so not sure how will work.

• C
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Cathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How much did it cost you?
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Planners cost as much as other vendors and doing what we can for the cost of free. The only question to ask yourself while getting quotes is are they worth it? I was goinf to have a cordinator set up for 300+. I did the centerpeices and head table decor all myself saving that much if i hadn't lost the 150
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We added one to our budget but just for day of coordination so that we didn't have to stress if something wasn't going the way we wanted it to. She's there to take over for us. She also takes over contacting our vendors the month previous to our wedding and deals with any payments.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not sure what a reasonable price for the planner is. I found when I wasn't sure about what a vendor would cost, I asked myself what I would be comfortable paying for the privilege of not doing it myself and then go from there.

I am not hiring a planner. I find as long as you are organized (which you're on this site, so great first step) you don't really need one. I think now that so much information is at our finger tips (internet, wedding websites, easier to access reviews/word of mouth) that the need behind a planner has diminished. A planner used to be the best way to get great reliable vendors!

I do think if you're concerned, a month of or day of coordinator could be a great asset to help take some pressure off when you just want to be enjoying your day!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if you are on a limited budget you may want to think of not hiring one or just having someone coordinate the day of the wedding. I find that wedding planners cost a lot of money and act as an intermediary when it is most of the time easier for you to talk to vendors directly. We planned everything ourselves and had no problems.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics