Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicole
Newbie August 2022 Ontario

Wedding planner/coordinator

Nicole, on December 14, 2020 at 22:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Generally how much do wedding planners cost? Are they worth it? Looking for help along the way and day of coordination. Does cost vary widely by region? I’m in Toronto if that matters.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 20, 2020 at 16:30
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Planners/Day of Decorators can vary region wise and for the services your inquiring. They may help with some of the things your looking to get planned. You would need to have your vendor information provided so they will be aware of what they are setting up and where within the venue. A printed layout would be helpful for them too.

• Tay
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our day of (month of) coordinator is costing 600$ tax included. However due to Covid we only signed a contract, no deposit. She indicated she will ask for payment 1 month prior, as long as the wedding is still taking place. If the wedding can't happen due to Covid then we do not have to pay.

When researching for day of I saw prices from 500-1500 with 1000+ being the average
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm also in the Toronto area and our coordinator is about $1000. She also charges $150 per vendor sourced though through her, which I didn't need but just as a side note. I think she's been worth it so far, she's been an incredible support system throughout dealing with the covid mess and re-scheduling all our vendors and whatnot and just staying in touch with us in regards to the ever changing rules. On the day she'll be taking care of coordinating all the vendors, making sure people are where they should be, helping setup tables, chairs, decor etc. She'll also be sticking around the entire night to make sure all the vendors pack up properly and have fulfilled their duties as written out in the contracts.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A Day of Coordinator in Toronto will start at $1000, with reputable "celebrity" coordinators (aka the ones always interviewed in wedding and fashion magazines) at around $3000. I think whether it's worth it is dependent on your event. A complicated timeline that spans all day - absolutely! A ceremony for 20 people followed by a simple dinner - probably not. If your wedding has a lot of moving parts, I say it could be worth it just so you don't have to be on top of things and enjoy your day. I'm personally a proponent of not making my friends and family work my wedding, especially tedious manual labour but if you have eager bodies and your setup is not complicated, you may be able to get away without one.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I believe that everyone has a different price. We're paying $900 for ours

For my fiance and I, we've hired a day of coordinator where she'll be taking care of all of the set up of our decorations the way we want it for ceremony and reception. Our venue is setting up everything else. So tables, chairs, linens, plates, glasses. Our day of coordinator is also helping us with the timing of when we walk down the aisle and when we enter for our reception.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics