Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Angela
Newbie October 2024 Ontario

Wedding Planner

Angela, on January 5, 2023 at 22:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

I've been heavily debating hiring a wedding planner. Has anyone had any experince in that department where they can give some insight on if that's the best way to go? How do you find one as well? Does it cut down on cost a lot or does it not really make that much of a difference? Thank you.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on January 12, 2023 at 01:08
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have absolutely no time to take care of planning details but have the budget, a planner can be very useful in advising and executing your vision.

At the very least, hire a day/month of coordinator if you can. No one should be conducting their own wedding operations on the day of and family/friends should be able to attend without having to work the wedding.

• Nicole
    Beginner March 2023 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Any time! If you ever have any other questions, just shoot me a message! Good luck ☺️
  • Angela
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much, you’ve been extremely helpful! And my goodness lol you’re a good friend ;p
  • Nicole
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We didn’t have a huge budget because it was a small wedding so I did a fair bit of research. Fortunately our guest list was small enough that we were able to use an elopement coordinator.

Google is your best friend. Read all of the reviews, send some emails and ask some questions. I went with ours because not once did she push hard to sell herself to me. She was relaxed and knowledgeable.
    It also helps to put some feelers out on your socials to see if your friends have any recommendations for people that they’ve worked with before or any awesome weddings they’ve experienced.
    I will say, if you don’t end up going the planner route - please please please appoint someone to be your day of coordinator or hire someone. One of my best friends got married recently with no planner or coordinator and at the very last minute (I’m talking upon my arrival as a guest) she asked me to take care of her music. It ended up being a lot more than that 😅 I didn’t mind because she is one of my best friends - but you definitely need one or a friend that can take that on for you. Maybe buy them a bottle of wine or something if they are willing!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I made a discussion on my local wedding sell/swap groups on Facebook and a whole bunch of people commented.

You could also Google search what is in your area as well
  • Angela
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Smiley smile it helps put things into consideration
  • Angela
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much Smiley smile
  • Angela
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How did you find the day coordinator? I feel like I know nothing about planning and how to find what I need.
  • Angela
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your insight Smiley smile where did you find your planner?
  • Nicole
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So I went in ready thinking that I wouldn't need a planner because we had such a small guest list.

I got about a quarter of the way through the planning process and I gave up. And let me tell you - I used to plan events so I thought it was fine. Honestly, there are so many things I would have missed no matter how much research I did. Having the planner there just to simply answer all of my questions has been unbelievably helpful.

I would say start your process, see how you're feeling and if you get to a point where you don't think you can handle it anymore, bring on a planner. To me, it has been priceless.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I went with a day of coordinator instead of a complete planner. And we only had 40 guests.

Our day of coordinator did only the day of things. like setting up all of our decor for the ceremony and reception. helping at the rehearsal. Being at the entrance way to tell us when to start walking down the aisle and entering our reception area. She also helped with any like things that went on during the day so that we could relax and enjoy the say and not have to worry about anything else.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your guest count and things to get done can vary on needinf to hire a wedding planner. I didn't get one considering the cost and having nothing to do for less than 100 guests.

You happen to find your planning to be more for 150 guests, than the idea of a wedding planner can work if the ideas you have in mind flows with the vendor.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All I can say is that I did a facebook poll and 50 said yes and the other 50 said don't waste your money. It's an additional cost, I've seen people opt out on a wedding planner and spend that money on a day of coordinator instead.

I am having a small 45 people wedding and so far do not find I need help. But then again, I found a venue that does it all. My friend had one as she was having a larger wedding and she doesn't regret it.

You can find services for wedding planners on this site, or you can even reach out to your local wedding groups as well.

I think it all depends on the type of wedding you are having. I am sure some of our brides and future brides will message you.

Good luck!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunately I cannot offer any experience as I did not work with one. However I would consider a few things when thinking about it :

How many guests am I having (I would think the smaller the guest count the more manageable it is to do it yourself),

The order of events throughout the day for example are you having a lot going on with a tight schedule that could need help,

Costs - would it be within the budget, and also what kind of coordination you are looking to have. For example I know there are packages such as : full service package (coordination from start to finish), or partial service planning - where you have already secured majority of your vendors and are comfortable planning and organizing however may just want that extra support and advice leading closer to the day and also final coordination with your team.

I love to plan and had a smaller guest count so it was not a consideration of mine, but I think it can be beneficial to some for sure! Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics