Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Newbie June 2019 British Columbia

Wedding Planner?

Amanda, on January 12, 2018 at 19:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
So I've just started to embark on planning our wedding. Do I need to hire a wedding planner? Or just a day-of coordinator? Pors and Cons? TIA

7 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 18, 2018 at 09:04
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You don't NEED to hire anyone if you don't want to. We planned and coordinated our whole wedding just the two of us. I think it will also depend on your venue choice as they may have a planner or coordinator included in the package.

• Amanda
    Newbie June 2019 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Ladies! I still have lots of time, but definitely leaning towards day of. A few of the planners also have rentals so it may be a win-win!
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I guess it depends on the size of the wedding as well as how organized you are and how much time and effort you’re willing to give it on.

I did not hire a wedding planner and I am almost done with the preparations.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went for planner- mainly to help me with a lot of things (decor, transportation etc.). my work schedule keeps me busy and i dont like taking too many days off- i'd rather know things are in good hands and i can always text or email when i need anything.
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say just a day of coordinator that way you can relax and just enjoy your day. That's what we are doing, our venue owner will be a month if coordinator for a small fee. We have our wedding party and family helping us plan but doing majority our self, definitely the best way to go if you want to save money.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It would depend on how large your wedding will be. I think if you have friends or family members willing to help out with decorations or even help with day of items then get them to help out. I looked into wedding planner but found them not that necessary for me as I have a few ppl I know that have either been in a wedding party recently themselves or has gotten married in the last couple years and they gave me great advice. Also with Facebook groups and wedding websites like these are a major help as well.

I did strongly consider a day-of-coordinator, however, my FH's cousin is really good at things like this ensure the ship is running smooth so I'll be counting on her for that. Again saves me money and I know that she won't be afraid to let vendors know that they placed something wrong or everyone is behind schedule.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s depends on what your needs are. If you’re pretty busy, or you think it’ll stress you out too much, I’d go with a planner. But if you think you can handle most of the planning yourself and you’d just like someone there to run your day, then a day-of. I was looking into a day-of, but I’m not sure we will even do that. We’re probably just going to run it ourselves.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics