Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Expert August 2018 Manitoba

Wedding photos- how much is too much?

Vanessa, on July 23, 2017 at 23:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

After attending Winnipeg's Wedding Show it seems the average photographer is $3000+. We are trying to keep it more local than that and so far have found the average for the area is $200 an hour. What are others paying for photographers especially in Manitoba?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 15:48
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    3000 is a bit steep for photographs. We still got our engagement and wedding day 12 hrs service for 1300.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have to look at what you are getting for the cost we are in Alberta and I found I could get a photographer for $1,000-$2,000 but they are going to be less experienced and provide fewer services included. We could also have gone up over $10,000 but this was a little extra extravagant and included photobooths, super high end photobooks and things we didn't need. I would say decide what you want and then start looking at their portfolios on their websites and social media sites and then you need to book some meetings. You are going to spend 8 hours minimum with these people welded to your side so you should be comfortable with them. We ended up going with a team of 2 for $4,200 that included $1000 credit to be used for what we wanted, engagement session, photobooks, wall photos etc. This was probably our most complicated decision.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

$3000 is fairly average from what I found when we first got engaged and I was looking around for photographers (in ON, at least). The biggest thing for us was to decide what our priorities are for the largest spending for the wedding and it worked out to be: food, photos and music so that's where we allocated most of the budget.

Mind you, our package is full coverage for the day, a second shooter, one free print and a photo album all included, so we're not only paying for digital prints. It really is a case of you get what you pay for and a good set of photos was something I wasn't willing to compromise on for the wedding. Someone who does it for a living knows how to capture moments in the most beautiful way and has the time and energy to dedicate to capturing your day.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're paying 2400.. 400 for engagement shoot and 2000 for wedding, however long it takes. We think the wedding will be 6 hours tho which is about 285
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am from Lethbridge , AB average photographer is also 3000. We paid $1550 for ours and that was with a 10% discount! She is a 2nd grade teacher which is great because we will have lots of children.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in Oshawa, Ontario and getting married in Ajax. We decided to keep our expenses to a minimum so I went on Varage Sale and found a photographer for $100.00 per hour. We have a small wedding so she will only be there for 2 hours. It's wonderful to have photos but I really think people are being ripped off at $3000.00. From experience I found that you'll look at the pictures on your anniversary and that's pretty much it. A couple of dozen pictures is plenty to bring back the memories of this special day.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hmm it was supposed to say 500-800 without the emoticon lol weird
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I live in Ottawa and the average cost I've seen around here is also 3000$. I've seen a few as high as 12000$! I managed to get mine for about 1900 which is more than i wanted but they were the cheapest for the quality of photos I wanted. That's the thing with photographers, I've noticed you kind of get what you pay for. A lot of the cheaper ones I've seen (about 500-800&dollarSmiley winking don't take very good photos but that's just my opinion maybe I'm just picky lol. You want to make sure you will be happy with the results in the end. But yes, 3000$ to me is a lot haha. If you are interested in someone who is willing to travel, I have an acquaintance who did my engagement photos and I loved them. She was very reasonably priced and travelled from down south to do them. If worst comes to worst and you're interested let me know and I can forward you her info.
    Best of luck with the photographer search!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics