Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan

Wedding photographer

Cc, on June 30, 2022 at 04:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Ok so my wedding photographer I hired, well you know the don't come cheap. She is suppose to do our engagement photos and still hasn't. I contacted her she said she would check her schedule and get back to me. Well unfortunately she hasn't is this something that maybe I just be getting concerned about because I'm beginning to feel not so much trust and hoping she won't run with my money.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on July 5, 2022 at 14:21
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

She might be busy with other weddings happening, but I would be firm and honest with her.

You are paying her for a service she is offering and you want the photos before you get married.

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ugh!! I second guess everything!! I contacted her again during the week and she finally replied and tells me she will check her schedule for July 24 now and still hasn't gotten back to me. Yup and starting to blow smoke out my ears now.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The time frame to get back to you regarding your engagement photoshoot shouldn't take this long to check her schedule unless she is busy with other couples and not making you a priority as her clients. I wouldn't expect to know if she does arrive late on your wedding day which would be more concerning without calling ahead of time.

I do agree if she doesn't fulfill her part of the contract and keeps the money that isn't for what she doesn't get done for you.

• Alana
    Curious September 2024 Quebec
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Christine,
    I agree with everyone else. Try reaching out again and seeing if you can have a call to schedule your engagement shoot. Did she have you sign a contract as well? If your wedding is fast approaching maybe you can let her know that as well, as a friendly reminder, and hopefully she will get back to you sooner. It is a super busy time with all the summer weddings, but also you are paying for her services so just getting some confirmation from her would be helpful and make things less stressful for you too!
  • Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m sorry to hear that this is happening.
    You can also try giving her a list of when you are available and she can pick from there. Maybe it will help her “figure out her schedule”
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'll give that a whirl. They way I feel is with lack of communication with the engagement photos and the changing location makes me second guess for my wedding day.
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah then that's definitely sketchy. I would respond to those Facebook ads with something like this:

Hey, I would love to do my engagement shoot (that is already paid for with the package I purchased) on this available date, please respond back to my email so we can set up a time.

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I definitely won't disagree with you, but its concerning because it took her a month to reply back to me then she picks a town and then changed her mind to go to a different town and well she is constantly posting ads in local Facebook pages how she has all these dates available for every type of photo session 🤦‍♀️ and reads my messages via messenger and will not respond to a single thing I ask.
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think its that. Wedding season has been in full swing since May and I heard that this year is crazy from all the couples who have had to post pone since 2020, not to mention those who have also gotten engaged during 2020 and 2021 that also account for the number of weddings this year.

As someone who has gotten two sessions done with a photographer, weekends never work because they are strictly for weddings. On top of that she may already have a lot of engagement shoots to do. Not to mention of all the weddings she has done these past two months, she also has to edit 100s of photos and get them back to her client in a timely manner.

I would send an other email and ask what's her availability is like during the week and go from there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics