Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen
VIP June 2018 Ontario

Wedding party gifts!?

Jen, on April 25, 2017 at 11:14 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

Hey everyone! I'm just wondering what you've decided to give to your wedding party as gifts the day of the wedding? I have been looking but can't decide on a single thing. I had purchased necklaces from etsy but ended up hating them. What are you giving to your guys, girls and flower girl for the day of?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 30, 2018 at 14:01
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sample perfume box to MOHs and Calvin Klein cologne sets to BM.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am paying for my girls makeup to get done. I also want to get them something else.. I have considered jewlery, hangers, robes.... Too much to choose from so I am undecided for the second item to get them!

• Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh that's a good idea! We should do the socks too...
  • Jknbhjbb
    Frequent user July 2017 Ontario
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got the robes at a bridal show on specail for $35.00 - they're a little pricier online from Pastel Dress Party. (You can also check amazon for a better deal than what they sell for online)

The pearl necklace and earring set off ebay was $7 each (the clasp and the studs are sterling silver, I had to make sure it was real as I personally would have a serious allergic reaction) and the bracelettes were $2 each.

I also ordered the flasks in bulk off ebay for around $10 and that gave me 12 flasks.

For the guys customized gifts off etsy each box was about $40.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Donna! I've been looking on Etsy for some ideas. Hoping to find something there.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We liked this idea too of buying their ties and other accessories for them. We brought up the idea of doing the whole matching sock thing too.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How much are you spending on all of this, if you don't mind me asking? Where did you get the robes from? I was thinking about doing the robes as well.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in the same boat with the makeup and hair actually. I likely won't pay for makeup as there is only myself and 2 bridesmaids. One of them used to work with me doing makeup so we are both really good at doing it. I was going to do my makeup on my own anyway and I know she would be picky about how hers looks too. My other bridesmaid kind of just decided on her own that she would bring a friend to our wedding to do her hair and makeup without actually talking to me about this first. I'm a little annoyed with it..

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ended up picking my jewlery while I was in maui and I got the same necklace only smaller for my bridesmaids as their gifts

• Donna
    Devoted August 2017 Quebec
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jennifer, I understand what you are going through I still don't know I am giving my wedding party as well. Even they are saying that they don't want anything, I think that I should give at least something. I am still looking though. If I find anything I will let you know.

• Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding party (all guys) are being gifted with their tie, cufflinks, and pocket square sets (we are buying those instead of renting) as well as a tie bar and a tumbler frosted with their name and job (ie: Andrew Man of Honour)
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jennifer!

So nice to meet you here! I made some discussions with inspiration. I think you will like it. Necklaces sounds nice too. Smiley heart

Gift for your bridesmaids

Gift ideas for your bridesmaids

Gift ideas for your groomsmen

Take a look and let me know what you think! I can't wait to read your opinion and ideas Smiley smile How are you preparations going?

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm thinking of giving my girls monogrammed throws, a little piece of jewelry and maybe something else.
  • Jknbhjbb
    Frequent user July 2017 Ontario
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the ladies I bought them each a satin robe, they're also getting a flask and a small bottle along with a pearl necklace, earring and bracelette set. The jewelry I grabbed off ebay for a steal.

For the guys we bought the custom boxes off etsy that have their names engraved on the box that contains a customized money clip, tie clip and cufflinks. The guys will also be getting flasks with a small bottle.

I am going to type up little personal thank you's to all of them as well and place them with the bags in a little arrangement for the night before the wedding and same with the guys gifts.

I went to the dollar store and grabbed gift bags that I customized myself for a little personalized touch!

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking I will get the ladies bracelets, custom hangers .. .and I am considering paying for their makeup. Undecided on the makeup right now though.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning on giving personalized flasks with a small bottle of bubbly for the girls and whiskey for the guys. I like something like this. I'm also making hangers, hankerchiefs and I'm not sure if i'll get necklaces or pay for their makeup.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics