Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Expert June 2022 British Columbia

Wedding party colours is this too much blue??

Hailey, on February 20, 2022 at 10:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
Hi everyone,

I'm alittle lost when it comes to figuring our what colours everyone should wear. Our theme is blue and white and greenery as it's backyard/outdoors.

For me I'll have some blue flowers in my bouquet and nd blue garter. My FH will be wearing these colours with dark blue jeans and light brown shoes(almost like cowboyboots) I think he may go get some nice suspenders to go under the jacket. Wedding party colours is this too much blue?? 1
What should the BM wear? He has some dark blue blue jeans an we thought he could wear that and a colour shirt? Blue? Maybe a similar jacket colour? What are your thoughts? He also has a blue flower boutineer. Wedding party colours is this too much blue?? 2My maid of honour is thinking a colour like these dresses (she likes the darker shades of blue and I'm OK with that just not sure what colour will look best with everyone. I like the 1st style for her. She will have a single white rose with greenery to hold. Wedding party colours is this too much blue?? 3

And then for corsages I have a blue flowers and white flowers to accent for the moms/grandmother's Wedding party colours is this too much blue?? 4

I have white table cloths and burlap and the only thing on the tables would be light blue napkins. I have some floral pieces to go around signs that have different shades of blue and white flowers too.
Does the mothers have to wear blue aswell? I think an aunt who is the BM wife is going to wear a shade of blue too... If they went and picked a blue dress will it look okay?
My mom also found a black pantsuit that looks stunning on her with sliver on the tip would that be OK for a mother of bride to wear?
I guess my main thing is I'm worried everyone will be wearing too much blue and it'll look weird? Does different shades work? We're so go with the flow and kept thinking just different shades but I'm worried it'll look bad for photos?
Please help as we hit 110 days today and it's getting sooo close

4 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on February 28, 2022 at 02:23
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since you already have a blue boutonniere and you want them to wear jeans, I recommend a non-blue blazer. Grey works. Could be the same jacket as your fiance or another shade.

If they have the same grey jacket, your fiance can differentiate himself by wearing a white shirt instead. As the groom, him wearing white would match you the bride. They can then wear blue shirts.

If he wears suspenders, make sure he's not wearing a belt. It's one or the other, not both. And make sure the suspenders match the shoes.

Personally, I would lose the ties and pocket square on the men if you're going the blazer and jeans route. It would look too much like his upper half is formal and his lower is casual. Losing the tie brings both sides closer to the center.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

bg-cover.gif

I like your idea of blue theme though it should be the main for the two of you. The wedding party can have different shades to match the combination mentioned. They can have aqua (blue and green mix) and lighter to go with your colour choice. The ties and bridesmaids dresses can be a nice match as it would look just right.

We did have red as our colour as the outfits or accessories did have that colour to match our outfits. The wedding party was broken into 2 colours to separate the grooms' sides. Husbands side wore purple and my side wore teal.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would definitely go towards different shades. All the same would certainly be too much but variation will help add dimension and flow. That sounds like A LOT of blue for the BM. Can he wear a white shirt instead? The blue boutennenire on a blue jacket may just blend in too. I'd go with a dark blue jacket if the jacket has to be blue.
  • Lindsay
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I thinking that mixing it can be best for colors if your theme is blue. I was thinking lavender for my overall theme of the wedding and white with greenery. Someone suggested to stay away from the lavender and go with different shades do they don’t end up being blended in to the theme.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics