Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia

Wedding party colours

Laura, on March 10, 2018 at 00:30 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11
I keep getting stuck on accent colours for my wedding, which will mostly show up in the wedding party, and would love to get some opinions! My bridesmaids will be wearing floor-length charcoal grey dresses and the groomsmen + groom will be wearing black tuxes and white shirts. Only flowers used are bouquets/boutonnieres and they'll be white. Otherwise our decor is mostly white and silver dollar ecalyptus.

I'm trying to pick an accent colour for pocket squares for the guys and pashminas for the girls. Getting married in the fall, so was originally thinking burgundy or red would look nice, but my FH thinks that's going to blend into the background of fall leaves and also may not flatter all skin tones. He likes the idea of blue but I think that will make our colours look too wintery. Another option is to just do white accents, which I think looks beautiful but means we won't have any colours.

Basically I just keep flip flopping and would love some opinions! Thanks!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on March 12, 2018 at 15:27
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love this 😍
  • Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate your input. I'm leaning more and more towards white pashminas and pocket squares and then bringing in smaller points of colour (guys socks/ribbon on the bouquets, etc). I think the white really lightens up the look, since both the tuxes and bridesmaid dresses are quite dark. I really like the look of it in this photo (though my dresses are a bit darker than in the photo).

Wedding party colours 1

• Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could do pink!

I got married in the fall and my colours were grey/silver and pink.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the burgundy or red would be lovely! We got married at the end of September and my girls wore red dresses and it looked great as with a longer summer the leaves hadn't turned yet.

• Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married in September and are using navy, wine and burnt orange type colour , we basically just went on pinterest and found some colour pallets for fall weddings and that was the one we liked the most. We have the guys in the navy suits and wine ties, the girls in wine coloured dresses and then the orange we are doing small things like the napkins

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Navy blue would look great too!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a burgundy/deep red would look smashing. I would not do bright red though.

You could go for more of a purple colour which is sort of a blend of the two options

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A nice Navy would look really nice !
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ties and pocket squares should be the same colour and burgundy does match grey. We had a summer/fall wedding wedding as colors don't blend that much.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My colour scheme is burgundy, blush and gold. I don't think burgundy will blend in at all. But if FH likes blue you can do a navy. Since its a dark blue it won't give you the winter feel but rather fall. Navy is also becoming a popular colour for fall wedding.
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Why not carry over the charcoal to the guys by making that the tie or pocket square colour grey. I personally am not a huge fan of choosing 1-2 colours and going nuts. Our wedding is grey , whites, blush, and a dusty eggplant. The red could work nicely here and there Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics