Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allison
Master October 2019 Ontario

Wedding Party Colour Palette Changes

Allison, on March 1, 2019 at 14:13 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 22

Has anyone else changed their colour palette over the course of wedding planning?

We were originally going to have teal and purple as our main colours with peacock greenery as an accent. My FH is more keen on wearing a suit with a royal blue vest/tie/pocket square combo. He wanted to go with navy, but I felt like he'd match my parents too much since my mom is in navy. His suit will be dark grey, and groomsmen in a lighter grey suit.

Also his best woman is still thinking about whether she wants to wear a suit or a dress, we want her to be comfortable so we're letting her choose. I want my bridesmaids to be in both teal and purple (two in each colour) but if the best woman is in a dress, what colour should she wear? I don't want her looking like a bridesmaid but I also don't want her in royal blue, matching my FH. The other two groomsmen were going to be in teal vests/ties and the best woman would wear a purple tie with her suit. No one has bought attire so I can easily change the plan to have the bridesmaids in one colour and the groomsmen in the other, but I like my original plan too much!

22 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on March 4, 2019 at 12:59
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel like teal and purple are more challenging to stylize a wedding, but I'm determined to make it work lol

• Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, originally it was teal and purple, now it's blush and gold. Way easier to get things in those colors
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol this sounds like my FH, however, he is keen on the royal blue with his suit lol

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fair enough.My fiancé is super easy going and just wants me to have my dream wedding so for me changing decor or colours isn’t that big of a deal. I’m sure your day will be perfect no matter what you guys decide.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I find there's so many combinations, it's hard to stick with just one!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

All those sound pretty, especially your current colours!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I changed my mind a few times as well. I started with gold, yellow, and ivory, because I'm obsessed with bees and wanted to do a whole bee theme. Then I got a dress with silver embellishments, so I switched to dark blue and silver, for a celestial theme. FH didn't like that, so we ended up on our current one - shades of purple and pale green, and silver as an accent.

• Melanie
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I keep changing my mind on colours. I wish I could just pick and be done with it!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Pinterest is my Kryptonite: I see new colours together and I'm like "WANT!!!"

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We've bought some decor for the wedding already too, so it would be less likely we really switch the main colours.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel this, I've ordered some swatches for bridesmaid's dresses since I won't be able to go shopping with all of them and I want to see if multiple brands have similar colours.

For the wedding I'm a bridesmaid in June, we're all in blush pink and it's much easier to match with different designers.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like that idea! I haven't thought of it, thanks Michelle, Valerie, and Leah!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's the thing - it's not just my day, it's also my fiancés day too so I can't just switch it up. Especially when we are right in the middle of looking for BM dresses and suits for the GM. It's all good, they are our favourite colours so it's fine, just not easy.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s your day so you should do what you love!The original colour scheme for us was turquoise and white but now I’m doing pink,black and white because those are the colours I adore.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds so pretty.I never would have thought to put roses and sunflowers together.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I'm like too! I like the red and yellow combo! I think if you really wanted, you could add some sparkly rose gold in there somewhere Smiley winking

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been down the Pinterest colour palette rabbit hole so many times.
    I like the idea of the best woman in a grey dress with teal or purple or royal blue accents.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely went back and forth with our colour/theme when we first got engaged. As soon as we booked the venue though, I sorta forced myself to figure it out and lock it down, just to help us decide on elements (attires, flowers, paper, etc.).

I agree with Michelle here, would it be possible for the best woman to wear grey as well with accents that matches your bridesmaids?

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can the best woman wear a grey dress? Even with a small purple or teal detail like a belt or her shoes?

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly i've thought about changing the colours so many times.. my FH really wanted red, so we decided red ad yellow since roses and sunflowers look stunning together! but every now and then I go back and forth and wish we could have lots and lots of sparkles and rose gold Smiley tongue but every time we come back to it and I see roses and sunflowers together it melts my heart all over again..

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I definitely want both teal and purple to be the colours, and then I added royal blue into the mix lol

Sometimes I wish I went with teal and coral, but I find purple makes it feel more like fall. Would've done coral for a summer wedding though lol

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly I've been back and forth with us choosing teal and plum and what the accent colour would be - and then we decided copper as the accent!

But.... the more and more I look at other things I wanna change the whole colour scheme Smiley atonished

I won't, but I want to a little... just make it something easier like burgundy and gold Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics