Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chanelle
Beginner July 2021 Alberta

Wedding party colour help!

Chanelle, on January 24, 2020 at 19:29 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8
I really want my groom in a burgundy suit jacket and the rest of the men all black. Is it weird to also have my girls in burgundy??? Any other colour ideas?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on January 28, 2020 at 17:04
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nooo not weird at all do it!! its such a nice color!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go with a really dark navy or a black - both would look perfectly normal!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds super sophisticated. Especially if you added a metallic tone to bring the shimmer out!
    To those who’ve mentioned it already, I agree with navy mainly because my arrangement is navy, burgundy and gold. It is a nice arrangement but burgundy and black sounds very gatsby to me!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds really pretty. And as Natasha mentioned black and burgundy look great together.
    Burgundy and black look good with gold or silver so you still have options for jewelry and decor if you want a little added sparkle.
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    OH and just a thought but NAVY and Burgundy would be LUX too. Just in case when you to go and start picking our suits and dresses you get thrown off by the black. It can look more formal and less “casual”. Based this off venue and overall mood / vibes and other aspects of wedding.
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    In full bridal party pics that colour combo would be FIRE. Like the burgundy with your dress - amazing. The black on burgundy for groomsmen and BM pics - stunning.
  • Chanelle
    Beginner July 2021 Alberta
    Chanelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!! Great you’ve made me feel so much better about it ! Lol
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s kinda perfect actually. That would not look weird at all! Ladies could be in black too that would have a very “black tux / formal” look and have wine/burgundy bouquets. But I prefer them in burgundy. Also they don’t need to match your grooms jacket 100% and it’ll be fine. Any variety of wine / burgundy / merlot would be sick. Love this idea.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics