Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Blaze
Newbie May 2020 Manitoba

Wedding party

Blaze, on July 23, 2019 at 13:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Hello!

What did you guys do to formally ask the individuals that you want to participate in your wedding party? Did you send them a letter/card or a small gift?

Help!

Blaze

15 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 21, 2019 at 15:31
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked all the girls to lunch so they could all meet and i gave them personalized proposal boxes with individually letters in each!

• Angela
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made proposal boxes, super easy and cute, everyone loved them! Boxes were from a local dollar store. Inside I included a framed photo of us, bottle of purple wine, personalized wine tumbler from Etsy, hair ties asking them to help me “tie the knot”, Cadbury chocolate bar, candle from Indigo, nail polish, Sephora foot mask, makeup brush and sponge set. I also included an info pamphlet with info about the day, who is in the wedding party, what their role is, attire info, and a paint chip from Home Depot that’s my colour scheme.

Wedding party 1
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just asked. I didn't do the gifts and lavish things. If it was the other way around I wouldn't need that from them either.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We asked everyone in person except my sister, who lives across the country. But we're mostly having family and aren't ones for much fanfare so it was more along the lines of, "hey - you'll be my MOH, yes?" They'll get gifts and stuff the day of.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We asked them in person if they would stand up with us.

I know its getting popular to do "proposal boxes", but this is just my own opinion that the wedding industry is doing a great job making us think we NEED all of this stuff for our wedding. (and thinking we need to give lavish gifts to ask our friends to be in our wedding party). You don't. Unless you WANT to do something extra special, then go for it. But we just asked our friends in person.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did a letter and a personalized bottle of wine!

Wedding party 2
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like some of the other ladies, I did a small proposal box as well.

I included candy, a maid of honour robe, gift card to sephora and a written card!

Wedding party 3
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't really get my sister anything, just asked her straight up if she wanted to be my MOH, but i will be getting her some earings/necklace and that for the wedding day and a little something to say thanks.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made a card and bought a gift for my MOH and my bridesmaid and I presented them to them in person at my engagement party.

Really, you can do whatever you want though.

My FH took the approach of just texting his guys like "hey, will you be in my wedding?" cause he's no fuss like that lol Smiley xd

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We asked personally ourselves instead of giving anything to them.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here's what I did:-

- a pink SQUAD hat
    - a bachelorette party bracelet
    - a candle that smells awesome!
    - an EOS lip balm
    - and a bottle of wine that they like with a sticker asking the big question! (And yes, I did have to find a vegan wine - so I put at least a little effort into these Smiley tongue )

Wedding party 4

Here's the link to my discussion: Bridesmaid proposal boxes (People posted what they did in the comments as well.)

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked in person - I didn't have gifts but since I live far from most my girls, asking in person definitely was special for us. I did buy dinner/drinks/coffee with each one to show my appreciation too so while I didn't make a proposal box, I made it personal and showed my appreciation for each girl.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did bottles of wine for the ladies with personalized stickers. The guys got personalized stickers on beer bottles!

It really doesn't have to be anything super big and over the top, I have seen many people just straight up ask, or just write a little card

• Blaze
    Newbie May 2020 Manitoba
    Blaze ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your input. 😊
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did small boxes- just brought one each to their house and asked them. It was box with their name and cute little letter inside the box, then a cup with title and name, and makeup bag with title. and wine with title and just saying bride trip type thing on the label.

you don't need to do this much and wish i would have just did something small as this would have been good thank you gift

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics