Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Wedding on a stand still and i am bored

Carine, on July 26, 2022 at 11:21 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

So I am way ahead of schedule with the wedding being in September 2023, I have pretty much everything done.

I'm going out of town to see one of my bridesmaid who has a cricut so we will be doing the rest of the things I need.

Now I'm just like trying to find useless things I don't need for the wedding just to keep me busy. I was such in planning mode that I took over my Bridal shower from my MOH, my mother in law was like snap out of it, that is your MOH job not mine. When I brought it up she was like at this point I've given up. We worked it out and the only say I have now is the date and the cake flavor.

Anyone else have this issue or been through this?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on July 29, 2022 at 10:44
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that is a great idea. I have lists everywhere I should organize it to one list with timelines.

I know things will move when spring comes with the venue.

• Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I planned and coordinated my wedding myself, and as a project manager, I built out a timeline of what needed to be done by what date, staggering my tasks and activities over the months. I did have some lulls which were welcomed because life is busy enough. A couple of times uncertainties due to covid put my plans on a pause and then when things opened up again I had to scramble a little to catch up, but my plan kept me sane!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My venue does it all, even the cake, but I only trust one person so I am getting her to make my wedding cake, first tier for our 1 year anniversary and the second for us to cut and share with the wedding party. The cake the venue will be doing will be for the guests. Before I even booked the venue I found a girl who does silk bouquets so I hired her to do mine and my three girls. The bouquets the venue will do for us I will use as the bouquet toss and two memorial bouquets. They also do the decorating. So the things I have to worry is the seating chart, guest book sign, hair and makeup, gifts, my vows are already done the seating chart draft is done, the Save the dates sent the invitations are ready to be sent, I have pretty much have done it all. Winter will be relaxing and spring will be meeting the vendor and work with her on the timelines, decorations, cake flavor, meet the officiant. I am looking at finding project I can do to keep me busy since I'm pretty much done everything for the wedding. Still have a full year. My FH let me take control but I am leaving him vows, outfits and groomsmen gifts to him.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The biggest things of venue and vendors were taken care first so that i could work out what favours were going to be given and my husband then also took a look to see what liked too. The next battle was cake since he wanted a show piece while i wanted simple and just enough. We ended up making the final decision as i took the reigns to finalize the final choices with the bakery. I always looked for the small details online amazon or ebay to order for the buck and buck and the wedding. DIY projects of printing program fans, welcome package and wedding schedule for all the guests. Welcome bags were also made to give to each room as they had come to the venue.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, good to know.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    One tip about the DT vinyl - it’s a little thin so I cut it using the washi setting on my machine. You’ll have to do a couple tests to ensure the machine isn’t cutting all the way through the backing paper. I had to adjust the washi setting a little further to change the l pressure setting to 70 instead of the default 85
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay good I am so happy I am not the only one. I decided I would get a wedding subscription box to keep me busy once a month with a surprise present lol. So excited to get it. My soon to be MIL found vinyl for the Cricut at the dollar tree and since she's never used her machine I thought what a great way to bond by creating stuff together.

So I'll keep myself busy just to take a break from wedding planning. I just know next year I will be busy for sure with final touches.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hear ya!

I got engaged January 15 and by beginning of March everything was fully planned. Dress, venue, DJ, officiant, cake, chair vendor, florist, day of coordinator, photographer, videographer, and hair and makeup.

Now that the wedding is coming up October 1st I’m in the final stages. Making sure final instalments are paid. Final dress fitting. Hair and makeup trials. Wedding bands ordered. Engagement photos complete. Signage is almost complete pending the seating chart once we get the last few rsvps back. I even go to pickup our marriage license next week!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wedding dress Shopping on August 20th so I am looking forward to that, but nervous as I'm not someone who looks at myself and says wow this makes me look hot or sexy. I try clothes on and say yup this is super comfortable. lol.

My seating chart, I just want to get it started not add the names but paint it and add the tables. That being said I have to remove a name since we removed someone and added someone else.

I was banned from my shower and bachelorette party planning. Smiley amazing I really need to take a step back. Smiley xd

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what happened with me, everything was booking up fast I was like need it done. I like to do things now then wait until later and stress, but I have a ways to go. Winter is coming and I will be bored then and will need winter projects. I also have it in my head if it's done now I can enjoy next summer and just spoil myself with self pampering.

I have to spread it out, I started with every pay buy something for the wedding but I'm running out of stuff to buySmiley atonished , so I think I will start buying something once a month. I was thinking of doing my seating chart this weekend get it started but I will hide it so I stop the twitch. My mother in-law gave me stuff to paint so that will keep me busy for 2 days. I made my memory charm for my mom and his grandfather, with stuff from Michaels. Hair extensions have to wait since I will be getting the clip ins and want to wear them before the wedding lol. But I could keep busy with finding the right hair, so many options.

I mostly have little things I need to do but need to pace myself it's so hard. lol

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Beth, Thank you so much, I think that is my problem, I see all these ideas and I want to implement them when really I don't really need to. I need to stay away from pinterest. lol Also need to save things for winter since I hate the cold and will need to keep me busy, but that itch won't go away.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was a BIG reason I didnt want to a 2023 date hahah I knew I'd get too ahead of myself and then be slumped with planning. hehehe But I also know not everyone could manage that.

Even with planning in under a year, I'm still hitting a wall of things to do. I can only do so much with what I have. Cant make a seating chat as I dont have all my RSVP back, still too early to get my dress altered (although that date is coming up quick). I do have a few more things to finish for my shower that'll keep me busy this weekend lol

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I FEEL YA! Because of being told how fast things are booking up I went into crazy planning mode and got everything booked that I needed.

I still need to buy things like Invitations, Thank you cards, Wedding party gifts for the day of the wedding, guest board and markers, bridal bouquet charm (in memory of my grandma), Cake stand, cake topper, cake knife and serving set, place cards, wedding welcome sign, all accessories like veil, earrings, necklace and bracelet, and hair extensions.

I have my cake tasting at the end of August and the only reason why we are doing that so early is because there is like one bakery that does wedding cake in the Banff/Canmore area and she books a year out.

I hate that everything is done, but at the same time I can enjoy the rest of the year not really worrying about anything and can look at things with my bridal party on what they like and would wear, After January, it will get busy for me, my dress will come in, start going out for the bridesmaid's dresses and my fiancé's and his wedding party suits/tux's.

It may seem like a lot is done, but once you start doing all the little stuff in the new year, it will feel hectic again!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Carine,

I can relate. I started planning our small intimate party back in October of 2021 and had to space out my planning because it was like I was "too ahead". Now that we are closer to the date (Aug. 13) I feel myself wanting to add in extra things. My advice is it's great you have done all the planning with lots of time to spare and now just enjoy and do not look too much at wedding stuff or else you may find yourself second guessing/changing your mind/going crazy lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics