Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Adrienne
Newbie October 2018 British Columbia

Wedding on a budget

Adrienne, on January 11, 2018 at 09:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
So my partner and I have to put our wedding on hold because of the money issues we are having so I was thinking about signing a wedding on a budget and I'm looking for some advice or even some recommendations on some of the places you have gone to get your flowers or your Venue

12 Comments

Latest activity by Lyla, on January 18, 2018 at 21:17
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m buying all my decor off of buy & sell sites! I’ve already saved 500$ on my napkins, table cloths, and chair covers compared to a rental place! Ridiculous how expensive things get.. I even fell Inlove with a 400$ bridal belt and found it second hand for 225$. The only things we’ve bought new so far have been my dress, veil, and the fiancés suit. Regardless of how much I’ve saved I planned on having a maximum $10,000 wedding but we sat down to calculate everything we need and it’s up around $15,000 now lol definitely have some more bargain hunting to do! I wish you luck and hope you find all the deals! ^_^
  • Shelby
    Newbie November 2019 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are so many DIY ideas out there for decorations, thats how we are doing it! As for venues there are some hidden gems! Because we planned for the off season and shopped around, we got an amazing deal at a beautiful local golf course where a lot is included!

• Melanie
    Newbie July 2018 Prince Edward Island
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aliexpress also has fake flowers and beautiful flower brooch bouquets.
  • Melanie
    Newbie July 2018 Prince Edward Island
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pinterest!! There are so many great DIY Ideas for decorating. Also, I ordered quite a few things like cake toppper, photo booth props, organza favor bags from Aliexpress. It's super cheap BUT make sure you read the product&seller reviews and order in lots of time. Some items came in 2 weeks, some 2-3 months.
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No joke, I just looked up Costco for flowers and wow great price.

Wedding on a budget 1

Wedding on a budget 2
  • Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting my flowers from Costco, putting them in painted rustic mason jars. i bought my mason jars off someone from Kijiji really cheap. I would look at kijiji or buy and sell groups for wedding decorations people may be selling as well

• Elycia
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im having a brunch wedding. It saves a ton of money on food instead of $100 give or take per plate we're paying $20 per person. It's not for everyone you do you.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If there is some family property that could host your wedding you save a lot on venue costs. You can also save by making your own decorations and creating your own reception playlist instead of hiring a DJ or band.

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have heard of people getting their flowers from Costco. If you are looking for fake flowers - hit up Michaels at the end of the season - they always have great clearance deals and sign up for their emails - they always send out 40-50% off coupons!
    Check and see if you have any local bridal facebook pages - Some girls give away their stuff for very reasonable prices just to get rid of it!

• Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do any family members have property you could host the wedding at? Maybe your town has a park or a community centre you could host at? They may be less money.

You could have less guests, or perhaps have an afternoon wedding with cocktail snacks instead of the traditional evening wedding?

Yes to the Costco idea... A lot of people get their flowers there. Just get a group of your family or friends together to help put everything together!

A local facebook buy and sell group would be helpful too. A lot of brides & grooms sell their wedding decor for fairly cheap!

• Adrienne
    Newbie October 2018 British Columbia
    Adrienne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's good idea I didn't think of costco
    I know I was thinking about getting some of the decorations from the dollar store
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Costco is one place i have heard others going to. Aother solution to look into is flower auction to find what you find and bucketful lots. Check nearby in your area.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics