Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Raphaela
Frequent user June 2018 Alberta

Wedding officiant

Raphaela, on September 19, 2017 at 03:15 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
Is it crazy for me to pick a wedding officiant over the phone without meeting the person first? There are only two wedding officiants in Innisfail Alberta and my wedding venue is a 45 min drive from there. I spoke to both over the phone and I just clicked with the one and it felt so easy to talk to her and it was like she knew what kind of ceremony I wanted after only telling her two things about the wedding.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 31, 2017 at 22:25
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you have enjoyed talking to her over the phone. Your meeting should go fine. Our officiant was nearby and was great yet funny.
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose ours online without ever meeting him until the week before the wedding.It all worked out great!
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's different these days. Years ago you'd get married at the church or place of worship you went to as a child. Today, it's "dial a minister/officiant". I wouldn't be surprised if in the future there were drive through weddings like in Las Vegas. LOL.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem. It seemed a good choice for us since our wedding is 3 hours from where we live and our officiant is local to where we are getting married.

• Raphaela
    Raphaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great! It's nice to hear it worked out for other people. I still have 9 months till the wedding so I just hope it turns out like I think it will!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not crazy at all. I met with my officiant Sunday morning and he seemed surprised that I had a cheque ready for him. If you click, and you feel confident they understand the vision of your wedding, then you're all set!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's exactly what I did. I found her online and checked many of her testimonials first. Then I contacted her by email after which we had a half hour phone conversation when she got to know me and vice versa. She sent me two scripts for the ceremony and I chose one. It worked out well.

• Raphaela
    Raphaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh thats a good idea thank you!
  • Raphaela
    Raphaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats awesome! I'm glad to hear your meeting went great Smiley smile I just hope my FH likes her as well.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you had a good feeling and you connected I would book. You could also schedule a Skype chat or something. That's how we met our officiant.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Charlotte, if you had a good conversation, then it is fine to book.

• Charlotte
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think it's crazy. If you enjoyed your conversation with them over the phone then that should be enough
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think it's crazy! I chose mine without meeting her first. I just read a short bio on a website of officiants and she gave me a good vibe just from her picture and bio. I say trust your Instict. I met her this past weekend for the first time and she's so sweet and a pleasure to work with. I say go for it Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics