Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caitlyn
Super January 2020 Ontario

Wedding Milestones- Getting Licensed to Wed!

Caitlyn, on January 7, 2020 at 12:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

The flowers, the photography, the dress, though they can be beautiful and important, they're all icing on the wedding cake! One of the few things that a wedding NEEDS in order to happen is the marriage licence.

My fiance picked our's up at the end of November (in Ontario you can get it 90 days before the wedding or sooner) and for me that really was the moment when it really hit me that this wedding and marriage were really happening.

d80c02a80537fc3d7cc937b53908374cbc257a87

Have you picked up your marriage licence yet? If you have was it a moment when things really sank in? Were you emotional like me?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on January 13, 2020 at 13:11
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got ours about a month before the wedding - we didn't want to accidentally misplace it and not have it for the wedding! It was on my DH's birthday actually lol - not everyday you turn 30 AND get a marriage license. The wedding was really real for me but until the license, it wasn't as real for my DH so he had the sinking-in moment lol

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats sooo exciting!!! we havent gotten ours yet as we dont get married till aug. i sometimes still dont feel its happening cuz its STILL SO FAR away lol!! i think once spring hits it will be better!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did get our marriage license about 3 months about towards our day and handed it over to the Officiant to put with his book.

The one thing I had done due to the cost of the license was look on the internet and make calls to city halls to find the lowest price based on the area surrounding us.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a ways to go yet so we'll probably wait for August or so to get ours.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re still too far out. We’ll probably get it closer to the wedding - perhaps in June!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think in NB we can get it a month before (I have it in a timeline somewhere!) and we both have to be present in order to get one, so I'll take a half day on one of his days off sometime in September.
  • Miranda
    Curious May 2020 Alberta
    Miranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be meeting with our officiant in a couple months to go over the process then we will be getting our license! I get butterflies everytime I think of how close it's getting!!!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I won't be getting this for about a year 🤣
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got ours the Thursday before our wedding on the Saturday... so like 2ish days before the wedding.... Smiley xd

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having the pre-meeting with our officiant on January 29th and getting our license then so that we can get legally married on February 14th!
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my gosh!!! I still have a few (okay almost 10 full) months to go before I can do that but this post just made it even more exciting!! 😁😁

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics