Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Aubrey
Curious June 2023 Ontario

Wedding Makeup: Airbrush or Regular Foundation?

Aubrey, on December 29, 2022 at 14:17 Posted in Beauty 0 4

I can’t decide whether I should do airbrush makeup or regular foundation for my wedding day. I have combination skin. On my hair and makeup trial, we tried using airbrush.

I was pleasantly surprised by how polished it looked, but as the day went on, I noticed that it started accentuating lines, textures, and any patches of dryness that I had. I saw some cracks and creases on my undereyes that I usually don’t get with regular foundation. However, it makes my contouring and everything else on my face look so flawlessly blended together.
I’m wondering which option would be more long-lasting, and whether regular foundation would change the way my contour, blush, etc. look? Does anyone have any advice/preferences?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Kate, on January 3, 2023 at 10:23
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had this thinking as well! I went back and forth between regular foundation and airbrush...

I ended up going with regular foundation (an Estee lauder long lasting one I use and love) that I gave to the MUA to use and have no regrets. It worked out that I was already comfortable and familiar with the foundation and had confidence in it and honestly, the make up looked flawless when she was done with me. There are so many extra things in between that she did that helped keep the wear of it throughout the day. I think because I was unfamiliar with airbrush and had never done it and have heard of there being creases and lines and combined with my oily skin... it put me off of the idea of using it for my special day.

• Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have combination skin, and I can say from experience that if you're not using a toner already, ideally one with aloe vera, that will help a lot. I started using cleanser and toner that have aloe vera, and it made a huge difference in how makeup looks. As for what kind of makeup would work best, it's a lot of trial and error. One time when I needed something higher coverage and long lasting, I mixed some hydrating face cream with concealer, but I could certainly feel that, and it depends on what you want to do for a look.

What I think would work would be sticking with what you'd do normally, and bringing some powder as needed for areas that might get more oily or need a bit of a touch up. Keep in mind that makeup artists will likely know more about what types of product works better together like powder vs cream and the like.

• A
    West Bengal
    Anudipa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you’re trying to decide between airbrush makeup and regular foundation for your wedding day, you’re not alone! It can be a tough decision to make - especially if you have combination skin.

Airbrush makeup is known for its polished and flawless look. It gives your face a beautiful, natural glow and tends to look better in photos. It also makes it easier to contour your face and blend everything together seamlessly.

On the other hand, regular foundation can be more long-lasting and won’t accentuate lines, textures, and any patches of dryness that you may have. It can also be less likely to crack or crease as the day goes on.

However, if you’re looking for a more natural look, then airbrush makeup might be the way to go. The key is to find a formula that works well with your skin type. If you have combination skin, you might want to opt for a lighter foundation that won’t be too heavy.

At the end of the day, it’s important to choose the option that makes you feel most comfortable. If you’re not sure which one to go for, it might be worth booking a hair and makeup trial and giving both a try. That way, you can see which one looks and feels best on you.

Ultimately, it’s important to find a makeup look that you feel confident and beautiful in on your special day. Whether you opt for airbrush makeup or regular foundation, make sure you practice your look beforehand so that you feel ready on the big day.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depending on product used it’s completely possible you could avoid this with regular make up I would recommend trying out the artist your using with regular make up and seeing how that goes and voicing your concerns with her, I personally have never opted for airbrushing just because I have my go to products that never fail and
    I don’t stray from them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics