Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Super August 2017 Alberta

Wedding invites.. picture of yourselves?

Bethany, on February 23, 2017 at 13:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Hi people!!! My photographer told me that typically people put their photo on their wedding invitations. Who's doing this?? And where did you go to get the invites printed?? I'm lost at this one. What are you guys doing for your invites? INSPIRE ME

15 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on February 25, 2017 at 18:27
  • B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like those emilie thanks!! I paid for my engagement shoot but I don't know when I'll have it cuz it's winter now but my wedding is in August. I got engaged in December so I don't have that year thru the seasons lol.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have seen this with both Save-The-Dates and Wedding invitations where pictures are used. Mostly, pictures are used on the Save-The-Dates. I say go for it! For us, we won't be using our pictures for the invitations.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw thank you! You can still use your engagement photos for lots of other things! You can use them for your wedding website, in a slideshow, put them in a book and have it on display for people to look through at the reception (and sign if you want!).

Have you started looking at invitations yet? Do you know what type of style you want?

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I, like others have seen photos with STDs and Thank You cards, but not with invites. Since you missed the chance with your save the dates, you can always add a photo to your thank you cards! I know a lot of people (family especially) enjoy seeing the pictures.

Em's ideas a cute, so maybe you can make use of on of those!

• Donna
    Devoted August 2017 Quebec
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not putting photos at all on the invitations. But if you want to, do it. You are doing this for you and your partner not for anyone else Smiley smile

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only have put a photo on our save the dates ... we wont be putting any pictures on our actual invitations

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Bethany! Smiley heart A lot of people send a picture in their Save the Dates and for that reason won't send them with their invitations, but since you didn't include them in your Save the Dates, why not? You could definitely put a picture in your invites! I found these examples for you Smiley smile

Invitation with picture

Invitation style

Postcard style

Portrait style

Do you like these ideas? Are you having an engagement shoot? Smiley smile

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well why didn't I ask this earlier then lol my save the dates are mailed already with no picture. There's prob no point in sending a picture with the invite then since you know, nobody does that hahah. Thanks for showing me your cards. I really like that thank you card Sam!!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm I have never once seen an invitation with photos of the couple on there. We got our engagement photos done and will be using a photo of us to use at our reception. I have seen them used on save the dates. Vistaprint you can upload photos of yourselves if that is what you would like to do though and put them on your invitations.

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've never seen an invitation with pictures of the couple on it so I think they're used more for Save the Dates. Classic or traditional invitations just have the wording on it in pretty fonts but there have been more unique designs lately! Here's our Save the Date. We got it off of Minted. (They will also give you a free wedding website that matches the design of your Save the Date or invitation.)

Save the Date

We found our invitations on Etsy. Our theme was Our Story and we were incorporating vintage books into our decor so it was perfect!

Invitations

Shutterfly, Snapfish and Wedding Paper Divas have great templates for wedding stationery that can include your pictures and they do sales all the time! We just used Wedding Paper Divas to order our thank you cards.

Thank you card

• Carolyne
    Super June 2018 Quebec
    Carolyne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not gonna send picture of us with our invites but it is really your choice!
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have only ever seen photos of the couple on save the dates and thank you cards... I have never seen photos on invites... If you look at vista print the majority of their invites don't have photos.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ya... I see that a lot with Save the Dates, but almost never on the invites. I mean you could, but I've just literally never seen it!

These are my invites

Invitations

Invitations

• B
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well that ship has sailed I already mailed out my save the dates lol
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered my invites on Vistaprint. We actually designed our own invites, we did a watercolour background of our wedding colours. We did not use a photo of us. And honestly, I think quite a few people use photos for save the dates, but not invites. But thats just from what ive seen.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics