Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexa
Devoted July 2018 Alberta

Wedding Invites

Alexa, on November 25, 2017 at 14:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Is it just me or are some of you procrastinating on invites?! The past year I have been engaged it hasn't really sunken in that we are getting married, just feel once invites are sent out it is "official". I feel anxious about it haha not about getting married I am super excited for that just worried about what wedding all entails, such as appeasing family, make sure everyone is having good time. spending all this money don't want people saying it was boring or a waste of time.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on January 2, 2018 at 16:46
  • Sarah
    Beginner June 2018 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been procrastinating as well! We have been engaged since November, and are getting married June 2, 2018. We are waiting to get our invites because we want our engagement photos on the cards. We're not getting our engagement photos for another two weeks still and then need to send the invites to print. So looks like we are sending them out end of January. Hopefully that's enough time!

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My wedding is in July as well.. still haven’t ordered my invites so I’m freaking out about it over here too, but I’m hoping to have it done within the next week. My fiancé and I have been engaged for 3 years and I only started planning two months ago.. I just can’t believe how fast time is going by!
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our invitations went out in July with an RSVP date in August for our wedding in September. We sent out save the dates in November of the yer before so our out of town family and friends could plan for the day accordingly.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is in March and we have all (well not all) RSVPs back and organized. I sent them out 6 months before so that family overseas and other guests can plan accordingly since we are getting married on a Friday.

Plus the sooner you send them out the sooner you get them back and its a huge task to seat everyone and I know I didn't want to deal with that so close to the wedding.

It can be stressful, but at the end of the day if you and your FH are having the happiest day of your life then that is all that matters.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found that buying my dress made it most real for me Smiley smile Your invitations I'm sure will be lovely and you should send them out so that people can share in your joy (and make the appropriate plans)! I think you need to just focus on taking a step at a time and worry most about pleasing yourself and your FH, not everyone else.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I put mine off until about two weeks ago (getting married in July and we've been engaged since May, so I ordered and got them in at the beginning of November). Surprisingly, I didn't look at it in this way! The money and pleasing people though yes! I totally have been thinking that way but then I think in the end it's our day and I didn't care what people think (well I do!! But as long as most people are having fun that's all I care about! There will always be those couple people that will not be happy, but they aren't happy anywhere! It's not your job to please them!) At least that's my opinion!! I am just finishing up my guest book! And I'm starting to have a slight bit more of anxiety that the year is coming to an end and that my wedding and other events are coming sooner! But I'm just thinking in the long run, I'll be married to my best friend! I hope everything turns out for you for your invitations and wedding planning😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics