Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rory
Frequent user August 2017 British Columbia

Wedding invites

Rory, on November 22, 2016 at 18:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 26

Ladies any tips on affordable wedding invitations? Sites to look at ?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Pro, on February 24, 2020 at 04:31
  • P
    Newbie July 2021 Jiangsu
    Pro ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you do n’t need a lot, you can simply buy some materials and then DIY yourself, you can save money. Or look for some pro wedding invitation sites and choose an affordable one.Smiley winking

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those are so pretty!!
  • Rory
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Natasha Smiley smile

• Rory
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thankyou so much!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They look great Rory!! great choice !

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Looks great! Good choice!
  • Rory
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks so much Valeria Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So pretty! Smiley love Simple and elegant, like you said. Congrats on finding them!

• Rory
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I havent gotten there yet, but im thinking tradition wording, from both of our parents. Because its in our backyard i want to bring together alot of traditional elements.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are so pretty! Smiley heart I like that you chose a good variety of tones and colours, it turned out great for the gold, pink and beige on your invitations! The "love" letters really give it a romantic tone. How are things worded on your invitations? Did you word your invitations yourself? Smiley smile

• Rory
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thankyou Smiley smile

• Rory
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Enjoy!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are nice wedding invites! I like the fonts and colours!Smiley smile
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Super pretty ! I really like these ! I had chosen an invitation that I thought was too pricey but these are elegant too and would fit with my theme as well. I think I'll go to Michaels and check them out!!! Congrats on finding them! Smiley smile

Wedding invites - 1
  • Rory
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Invites

Hey ladies, after many many minutes debating in Michaels i have chosen these invites. Simple yet elegant.Invites

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cant wait to see what you have come up with !! I have a Girl friend of mine creating ours !!

• Rory
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Posting pics today! i went the Michaels route, and im thinking more formal and elegant.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great Rory! I can't wait to see which one you'll choose! Send some pictures when you get them! Smiley smile You can also click "reply" on our comments when you want to reply in the community. That way, we'll get a notification with your answer. How will you write your invitations? Will they be funny or formal? Smiley winking

• Rory
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the tips! im going to check our micheals today, ive heard great things and im really looking for something simple anyway Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rory, I'm so happy you're reaching out!! It's going to so much fun to share ideas for your wedding! I like the suggestions these wonderful ladies gave you. Smiley heart You can also take a look at the vendors in our directory and see our promotions: Wedding Invitations British Columbia

WeddingWire Promotions

In the end, making your whole stationary with one vendor can make you save. You can also take a look at these ideas of DIY: My Low-Cost Wedding: Invitations

What kind of invitations do you want? Will they be more fun or formal? Smiley winking

• Stephanielarson
    Frequent user July 2017 British Columbia
    Stephanielarson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would check out Basic Invites. They're far from "basic" and start at .64 cents each. Here are a few save the dates that I'm currently looking at. They have lots of options for invitations too and you can ustomize the colours.

Basic Invites

Basic Invites

• Terry
    Frequent user May 2017 Quebec
    Terry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did mine on Vista Print had the 50% paid like , 50 cent each .

Wedding invites - 1
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are a few sites online that have free printable that are really nice! I can't remember the site of hand but if you google Free Wedding Invitation Printables you'll see a few options!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vistaprint.... They are amazing and have a lot of different options for styles. They always have different promotions for anywhere from 20-60% (at least those are the ones I have seen). Most designs for invitations have matching save the dates, thank you cards, etc... It gets shipped out very quickly and when you order anything, you get a 20% coupon you can use online for any other purchases you may do by them!

Other places to check out are shutterfly which have a lot of nice designs but are more expensive then vistaprint and then there is wedding paper divas but I havn't actually used the website myself!

Michaels had good deals but none of the designs were really what I wanted for my theme.

David's bridal online actually had a good selection of wedding invitations but they were more expensive again... But on the plus side I did get 5 free samples to look at! The colour looks different online then it did in person!

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister got hers at Michaels... She used their 40% off coupon and went every week till she had enough (print your own)... I am also going print our own... I'm getting mine from party city Canada, they are $30 for each kit (invites, rsvp, envelopes and holder)... they have a great selection at different price points.I also looked into just buying card stock and downloading one of the free wedding invite templates from the internet and making my own (buying the kits turned out to be cheaper for me)
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got mine off of Etsy and they were cheaper than most other places! Michael's also has invitations sets that you can print yourself. Minted has some beautiful invitations (and you can create a wedding website with them that will match!). Minted can be a little pricey though so definitely sign up for their emails and watch for their sales!

Is there a particular style you're looking for?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics