Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Karen
Beginner July 2019 Ontario

Wedding invitations Plus one and Rsvp's.

Karen, on March 13, 2019 at 22:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 4

I have finished my invites and have sent them out only to realize that I didn't specify if someone can bring a plus one and children are allowed to our wedding. I'm just going to do it on our website but I'm wondering how to word it? HELP!! I also just made our rsvp's online now i'm worried if the older folk will know that, that is what they are supposed to do and if I should include our address on our website so that those who want to can send it back via mail and was I supposed to send an additional envelope for RSVP's to be mailed back if so.

HELP A stressed bride to be.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on March 18, 2019 at 04:07
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No need to worry girly. I used the knot for wedding rsvp. You can make households and groups for rsvp. Do that for the people who are allowed plus ones. So when the main person goes online it will saying guest 1 of 2. And if you are concerned about the older people just call them and rsvp for them. In terms of children did you mean they aren’t allowed? If so, again add that to the website and when you are finalizing rsvp list of you see any kids call that person and say this is a adult reception sorry.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Karen! First things first, don't panicSmiley smile You have plenty of time to get all of your guests on the same page.

Valérie and Vinod had some really great suggestions. Be sure to make it clear on your wedding website who has a plus one and which (if any) children are invited to avoid any confusion with your guests.

If there are any older guests that you are worried about RSVPing, why not ask your parents or your SO's parents to give them a phone call to confirm their attendance. They may even like the personal touch of a phone call!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your website can let guests know the email to send the reply to and home address should be left out. Plus 1s should be avoided due to the basis that other guests may decide to bring someone else besides the family. Singles may have partners you haven't met before to know them well to invite them.

For the elders, give them a friendly call or have your parents help out and to ask them to call you personally otherwise. Confirmation made to them right away and informed to you makes it easy.

No children allowed can be worded as an Adult evening on your website. That statement can be conveyed to other families when your parents talk to them/you get calls letting guests know directly.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Which website or tool are you using for RSVPs?

I wouldn't worry about the wording on the envelope, as most RSVP tools allows guests to do it for the whole family or couple, instead of having them search for their names one-by-one. Guests will be able to see whether their kids are invited or if they get a +1 or not.

You could also add a quick blurb on your website to let guests know if not everyone is getting a plus or if only certain kids are invited. Here's a great article with different ideas on how to word it ( https://theweddingplaybook.com/adults-only-wedding-wording/ ), which could be updated to fit your situation.

As for the older folks, I would simply add something, on your website, along the lines of : "If you have any problems or concerns with the RSVP tool, please call/email us at xxxxxx."

Hope this helps Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics