Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chantell
Beginner November 2022 Ontario

Wedding Invitations & when to send them out.

Chantell, on March 5, 2022 at 21:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Hi Everyone,

My fiancé & I just booked our wedding stationery. We both agreed on the overall look for it. However, we can't agree on when to send them out to our guests. Our wedding is on Nov 5th, 2022, I want to send them out first week of August he want's to send them out some week in April. So has soon has we get them he wants to ship them out. I personally think that's way to early & people might displace it somewhere & forget about it.

I would love to hear your opinion.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on May 1, 2022 at 00:40
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is late September. We are planning to send out invitations in late June/early July so we have 30 days to let the venue/caterer know what numbers we have.
  • Chantell
    Beginner November 2022 Ontario
    Chantell ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank You to everyone you left a message!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

April will be way to early as some of the guests will lose their invitations. August is the best time to send out as you will be in the right time frame of mailing out.

I did send out our invitations way early in January for August wedding back in 2017. Some of the family did ask to Whatsapp the invitations as it made it easy to view on their phone instead. Just keep in mind if some are moving, they may not remember to keep the invitation in a safe place.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah it can be so hard to wait for the right time once you receive your items. But I agree, you definitely want to wait til closer to the day. I think the 3 month mark is good for physical invites. But I would keep in mind returns. I sent some save the dates back in the end of January and JUST got a returned piece, almost a month later.

• Sarah
    Newbie August 2024 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In times like we are in right now, as early as you can would be best. Maybe compromise and do sometime Mid June?
  • Carla
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Carla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is May 7 2022 we are sending ours out this week from what I understand it's usually about 6 to 8 weeks before wedding depending on how soon you need RSVP back and what type of wedding, if you haven't found anyone to make them up I have a definite referral she just did ours and I cried when we picked them up yesterday Wedding Invitations & when to send them out. 1

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Chantell,
    Agree with you and everyone. 3 months is good enough and very common rule. Early week of August would work to send them out.

I think we had sent ours out 6 months before end of April, but we had some challenges with venues, then send out updated invites mid of June for our wedding in October. Haha!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Typically 3 months out is the perfect time to send out invites
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely August is more than enough time. You'll run into more issues getting RSVPs back if you send them too early.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    April is definitely way too early in my opinion! I think early August is a perfect time to send them out!
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also worry people may displace it... so far we've had 29/50 guests rsvp back... I know from the way one person talked about it was they didn't even look at the invite because they said they "forgot the rsvp" when I saw them (clearly they didn't look as I have the rsvp to the wedding website..) 🙄🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most people are closer to what you are thinking if I'm correct.... Typically people send them Around 2-3 months before the wedding
    Personally what my fiance and I did as our family is making the food we sent them out mid February and our wedding is June 11 so roughly 5 months but mostly everyone has already said they are coming (small wedding) n asked for the rsvp a month before the wedding. My fiance kept bugging me to send them out early as we have out of town guests too so we comprised and did mid February. 😅

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics