Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amy-Lynn
Curious May 2022 Ontario

Wedding invitations& save the date send out

Amy-Lynn, on November 3, 2016 at 20:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hey ladies!I was just wondering how soon the save the date and invitations should go out before the wedding. Our date is June 23 2018 I know it's soon but time is already flying by and I hate not being prepared lol ((specially if I do them myself). All advice is appreciated ?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Valerie, on November 4, 2016 at 07:53
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing left to say that hasn't been covered with Melissa's wise wordsSmiley winking just wanted to say hi and welcome!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amy!!Smiley heart It's so good to see you back in the community! I'm really glad you started this discussion! I think Melissa and Chelsea already gave you amazing advice! Smiley smile If there's anything else, let us know! I'm glad we can help! How's your search for a venue going? Smiley smile

• Amy-Lynn
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Amy-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I'm hoping whitby Oshawa area. myou family is not local but aren't far either. I haven't visited any yet hoping to soon, i ffound a couple that I do like and hope to fall in love with in person.
    I want the rustic elegant, I see lots of things I like but not sure I love yet. ask away I don't mind answering
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awesome! Those are good ones to"check off" while you search for a venue!

I notice in you profile you are from Whitby- are you looking at venues there? Have you visited very many?

I have so many questions! Tell me your "dream vision" for your wedding- I love hearing everyone's plans Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amy!

Save the Dates should be sent 4-6 months before the wedding.
    For a destination wedding, save the dates should be sent 6-8 months in advance.
    Either case should be followed by formal invitations roughly 8 weeks before the day.

• Amy-Lynn
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Amy-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Melissa,
    Very nice to meet you Too!
    I have hair and makeup, photographer done. I am still trying to find a venue we both love. The advice you gave is very helpful thankyou
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amy!

Very nice to meet you!

I think that 4 or 5 months befroe the wedding is plenty of time to send a save the date, if your wedding is fairly local. If you have guests who will travel a great distance to attend, or if you are inviting to a destination wedding I might sugest closer to a year to allow time to save/ make arrangements.

You still have time Smiley winking

How are your wedding plans going? Do you have a lot of things booked already?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics