Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elly
Beginner August 2022 Ontario

Wedding invitation etiquette for digital card

Elly, on April 7, 2022 at 13:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Hi everyone,
I’m finalizing my guest lists to send digital invitation. I’m not sure how to address family with different last name and children.
Based on my understanding, name of children supposed to be addressed on the inner envelope. Since, I am using digital invitation, it only has outer envelope option. The website I am using doesn’t allow formatting name to put children name below couple name. I’m not sure what is the proper way of addressing them?
Option 1?Sara Smith & John Robinson & Emily
Or Option 2
Sara, Emily & John Robinson

5 Comments

Latest activity by QNQWMWTMmr, on April 10, 2022 at 14:21
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Or you do not have to use their last name. But option 2 would be fine.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn't do this digitally but for the three families with kids invited I did option 2. Very few people will be finicky over the "proper" way. Unless this family is very traditional, they won't think twice about it. We had one out of our 60 something go out, so I made sure to address her envelope that way (which I absolutely hate): "Mr. & Mrs. Malelastname". Personally, there's certain ways I hate being addressed (this way lol) but it wouldn't affect my attitude towards the invite.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The family name is enough to put as the names can be added to the inside of the invite. This way it saves a lot of trouble to do more and over think other options.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What site are you using? I used WithJoy and everyone's full name can be included. You just lump parties together so one family member can RSVP for the whole group.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is using no last name an option? At least for the address? I know they will need to use it to RSVP but unsure if your site has that option.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics