Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user October 2021 Ontario

Wedding Invitation

Amanda, on October 4, 2020 at 16:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
Hi everyone Id like to know what is a good amount to spend on wedding invitations this includes envelopes and RSVP , I'm just not sure what is too much to spend. I'm looking for a custom card so not a generic template on vistaprint but also the design is very simple. Any advice would be great . Right now a got a quote for $4.50 per card with envelope .

13 Comments

Latest activity by Gwen, on October 31, 2020 at 21:55
  • Gwen
    Beginner October 2021 Alberta
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm thinking of buying some templates off of Etsy. There are templates that are just for invitation sets (invitation, rsvp card, and a detail card). There are also complete sets that have templates for invitation, seating chart, table numbers, welcome sign etc. You can also change the font style and colour. I'm thinking of buying those complete sets so that the stationaries are all incorporated together. Templates that are just for invitations are about $20, but you'd have to buy paper + envelope.
  • C
    Newbie April 2022 British Columbia
    Cierra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I do believe so. I picked an invitation that you could just add your own pictures and text to, it’s basically all just templates and go from there. You can edit anything on them.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can you design your own invitation?
  • C
    Newbie April 2022 British Columbia
    Cierra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used Shutterfly! They have some amazing deals! Right now it’s 40% off basically everything which includes wedding invitations.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For sure. Invites only become expensive once you start adding crazy textures and layering on the cards. But a glossy postcard can look great without the huge costs.

• Rikki
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Rikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Canva has some really great options too if you have access to a printer! Smiley smile
  • Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a great way to save some serious cash.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This looks wonderful & on average I would say you are running $3.50-$7.00 per invitation with envelop included. You would also have to consider your RSVP's IF you decide to do that as well .. That would usually run you an addition $2-4

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem, glad I could help! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing I'm definitely not savvy but I may know someone thanks for the ideas !!
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's pretty easy to do if you are savvy enough with Photoshop or InDesign. If you have any family/friends or someone from the bridal party that is fairly versed in the Adobe suite, that wouldn't take long.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wedding Invitation 1
    It looks like this so yes flat can you create a design from scratch?
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is your card just a flat print with no textures/embroidery? If that's the case, you can still use Vistaprint but don't go through their wedding invites route, but print postcards. You can do single or double side and it's fairly inexpensive. Make the design in Photoshop so you can customize it however you like, save it as a hi-res pdf and upload it into Vistaprint's postcard maker. It's less than $50 + tax and shipping for 100 cards sized at 6"x9" with glossy front and full colour back, $50 for 100 custom envelopes sized 6"x9". For RSVPs, add 100 smaller single sided cards sized at 4x6 or 5x7 for an extra $20. That makes it less than $2 per unit for a custom envelop and two cards for invite/RSVP.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics