Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Yesenia
Curious February 2020 British Columbia

Wedding insurance? Is it necessary?

Yesenia, on August 4, 2018 at 05:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
Contemplating on whether or not to purchase wedding insurance? What is the average cost and the benefits of it?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on August 8, 2018 at 02:37
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've heard PAL is the best to go through. It's around $300 for the Silver package, I just looked into tonight. The cost increases as you choose higher liability & better packages.

One thing to add... I HAVE to get party liability insurance at my venue. I looked into the insurance for that (for one night) and it was about $250. So for an extra $50 I would get full wedding coverage and the liability would be for 3 days instead of 1.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yesss.... It also covers your gifts (thousands of dollars of gifts, cheques, cash, etc) until they get back home. That means if someone robs you at your venue (it happens), or if there is an accident (car or otherwise), you're covered for full replacement of what's lost.

It can also cover your honeymoon, much like travel insurance, where if you miss a flight, or whatever, you're covered.

Also it keeps you safe from being sued or liable if someone falls, gets into a drunk driving accident on the way home, etc (Yes, you are responsible for your guests until they reach their next destination after leaving your event).

Also, if anything were to go horribly wrong (god forbid)... and your wedding was called off, it should cover your deposits and other things you're out money on (decor, your dress, etc)....

Definitely worth getting! It doesn't have to be expensive, just depends on your coverage you want.

Check out PAL.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If your venue is covered from a liability/drunk driver perspective its not necessary. But if you are concerned about losing deposits/vendors or you hosting any other events (like a stag and do or bridal shower etc) its worth getting.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can purchase directly from PAL Canada. That is the company/product we do it through. It's called Wedding Guard.

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Jennifer,
    I'm in Ontario as well. I asked the venue about wedding insurance and was told they are cover. Would I still need some?
  • Yesenia
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I had no idea either! lol I thought it was to insure your investment on the wedding increase your partner got cold feet and bailed out lol just kidding...

But who knew, I guess you can insure your wedding for those unforeseen events that can possibly happen.
  • Yesenia
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don’t know why wedding insurance isn’t a category option on Weddingwire! We should request to have wedding insurance added to the list.
  • Yesenia
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am in Canada! I came across this company on the WedLuxe magazine. I am sure if you do a google search you'll find some local companies that offer wedding insurance in your area.

Wedding insurance? Is it necessary? 1
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Which company is this? I'm at a loss of where to purchase. Is there an online application? I saw one once when I was browsing but I don't remember the company.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never even knew there was such thing as wedding insurance. I won't be getting any as it too late now lol. But seems like it might be useful.

• Yesenia
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Jennifer, I am in Vancouver. So many things to consider! Wedding insurance? Something that I wasn’t even thinking of! I stumbled upon some horror stories that have me think twice about purchase insurance now. I have to do more research and determine what package is more suited for us. Thanks.
  • Yesenia
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    $2,000 starting?! I have to do more research on weeding insurance. I was under the assumption wedding insurance was only about $160-$200 for the policy. Thank you for the info.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sell the wedding insurance. If you are in Ontario.
    It ranges in price from 300-1200. Depending on the liability. And the level of coverage you want for cancellations/lost gifts/no show vendors etc.
    It also covers liability for 3 events if you are serving booze.
    So its a pretty good deal. It can be purchased when your wedding is 1 year away.
    Hope that helps.
  • Yesenia
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I started pondering the idea after reading a few horror stories at wedding. Like you say, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Thank you!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Average cost is about $2,000 starting. I don't feel its worth it unless its 2 years down the road and something happens. I read up on it and the company will get your refund back or talk to the venue\vendors on your behalf. Its covering all your deposits too.
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t researched the cost, I believe it may be a couple hundred bucks. We learned a little more about it when we talked to our DJ back in January. Essentially if someone falls and breaks their arm on your uplighting then the insurance covers that. Without it they could go after for full damages. For us I would rather be safe then sorry, accidents can happen and there is too much risk without having insurance.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics