Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie September 2018 Alberta

Wedding Insurance for Destination Weddings

Caitlin, on April 11, 2018 at 17:21 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3
Hey everyone! I’m trying to find wedding insurance for an overseas wedding (United Kingdom). My MIL who lives there looked into booking it for us in the UK, but because we don’t live there we have to use a Canadian company. I called PAL and they claim they can’t provide coverage. Has anyone had any success with wedding insurance for overseas weddings?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on August 27, 2024 at 12:10
  • Katherine
    Newbie August 2024 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi! I have the same situation as you.. did you ever find an insurer? Thanks!

• C
    Newbie September 2018 Alberta
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for your reply, Jessica! It turns out that if you aren't doing the legal portion of getting married at your ceremony then for insurance purposes you cannot get wedding insurance. I guess we'll roll the dice and hope for the best. Smiley amazing

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My guess is that you will have to do wedding insurance through an UK company because that is where the event will be taking place. I would inquire with the venue and see if they can help you out with this. It may not even be required in the UK (venues may need to cover it themselves), so check their laws first to see what they do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics