Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
VIP August 2017 Ontario

Wedding insurance

Natasha, on November 14, 2016 at 11:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Anyone heard of this ?? or have this ??? I know certain places require you to have liability insurance.... just curious, Smiley atonished

12 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on November 15, 2016 at 15:25
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley star You are a star Lisa! thank you!!! Smiley star

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No problem at all! Us Brides have to stick together!!! Woot woot! If you need additional help let me know!
    Lisa
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Lisa, you have been a SUPER help !!Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Https://www.palcanada.com/en/weddinguard PAL Canada sells a variety of Special Event Insurance. This will give you great information on what type of coverages are offered. The only thing you have to be careful of is if the vendor is just asking you to get your own liability, or if they want particular coverage on their building . Because I know you can get additional coverage for tents etc. There may be other brokers out there that have other products. But this should give us Brides a better idea of what to start looking for!!! REMEMBER TO ALWAYS TALK TO YOUR INSURANCE BROKER ABOUT YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION. Not everyone's situation is the same. Hope this helps ladies!!! Lisa
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Lisa, that's amazing! Smiley smile What does you insurance cover? I know another bride, Lesli, was wondering about the same thing: Wedding insurance. Could you give her some advice? Smiley smile

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That would be fantastic thank you so much !!!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Natasha, I work for an insurance broker so I'll get some more details and let you know. There will be different packages to choose from but I will get you a general idea Smiley smile
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Lisa, thanks for the information ......
    Do you know what all it covers?

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's called Special Event Insurance. Call your insurance broker. It's basically liability insurance protection. We are getting it.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry- I'm not much help there! I would be curious to know....

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah I know we need liability for our venue, but that is needed proof 90 days before our wedding it is in the contract, I was just curious if anyone has spent the money on actual wedding insurance for cancellations and such.

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you need liability insurance your venue will let you know before you sign a contract (they will likely want a policy number before you sign!) If you aren't sure yet, I *think* it starts at 250$ and goes up from there- so maybe include that in your tentitive budget until you are sure?

As for wedding insurance for cancellations etc- I have heard of it, but I know nothing about it. Smiley sad I have just been making sure that I am totally clear on all of my vendor's policies, and that the contacts are fair.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics