Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittani
Beginner September 2021 Ontario

Wedding in September—to postpone or to not postpone?

Brittani, on April 27, 2020 at 23:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 2
I’m getting married Sept. 27th, and I’m really freaking out about whether or not we should postpone to 2021. My future husband’s family is all in BC, AB, or the USA, and I feel like the travel restrictions will still be in place in September... does anyone else feel the same way? Is anyone else postponing their September weddings?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Karley, on May 9, 2020 at 13:40
  • Karley
    Curious September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Karley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a tough decision, especially with so many travelling in. I would expect travel restrictions to remain for a long time.

My wedding was scheduled for September 5. I plan to begin cancelling my big wedding. However, I hope to still have a small ceremony with the bridal party and immediate family in attendance physically, with everyone else attending virtually. Also hoping to have a small reception afterwards for the 15-20 in-person guests. And possibly considering a big reception for next year for everyone, however I'm quite unsure of this as I would hate to plan that and it not be able to happen again.

• V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was June 2020 and I moved mine to September 2021.

But my close friend was supposed to get married September 12, 2020 and she moved it to next summer 2021. She was too stressed out (like I was) about the travel restrictions like you said, and just the ability to gather in large groups, as most people probably won’t feel comfortable.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics