Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daily
Expert August 2022 Ontario

Wedding guests

Daily, on February 26, 2022 at 16:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24
Hello brides, I need an opinion on whether I should invite this friend or not? We were friends back in high school and first year university. However, our friendship changed ever since I got married early and have kids. At one point I cut her off completely after she ghosted me for my meet and greet baby in December 2018. I think ever since then our friendship is rocky. I am that person who show up whenever she invited me or needed me. I feel like she only reach out for o me when she needs something. The fact that I have to question if I have invite her, I guess I already know the answer. Anyways I want to know what other brides would do. Thanks!!😍😁💗

24 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 12, 2022 at 22:06
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Through life, we do have many friendships that will last or break. The ones that do last, we want to cherish and still blossom throughout the years and to invite them of course. The friendships that do break soon or later do have their reasons and not to look back based on how we view them for the best and to leave them off the guest list. They are not worth to being there and feeling questionable about yourself to resist to remove them from the venue.

• Kylie
    Newbie July 2024 Ontario
    Kylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know I’m late, but don’t invite
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Kelly 😍I heard about that from most brides😁
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Remove them from the guest list! Your wedding day will go by so quickly, focus on people you want there #lessdrama

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes!! I heard most bride said that. Don’t stress over little details because it goes by so fast. Just enjoy the day!😁
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha its hard for sure, but I had to remember its my day... I shouldn't have to walk around being anxious they are there to make them happy you know? haha Plus the day goes by so fast you want to enjoy it soo much with no drama Smiley laugh

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes!! That’s why I like about wedding wire. I can express my feelings or concerns without judgements. ❤️
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh same here Hailey, especially on my mother side, she has so many first cousins and they always have to talk about my kids having curly hair and they wish their hair is not curly like their father but good thing they are light skinned. They are definitely not invited to my wedding. I made that clear to my mother. We don’t need toxic people in our lives😁😍
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow!! They shouldn’t said that. Sorry you have to go through that. So say that about someone’s wedding is not nice and I’m glad you don’t invite them.
  • M
    Cape Verde
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks hails! so glad to know i have brides who understand. Us brides NEED to stand with each other. #livin'lavidaloca

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no I'm sorry that happened to you, that's definitely not OK they said that. Some old family friends arent invited as they are toxic lol But I'm glad you blocked them & not coming to your wedding. Also love the gif at the end!!!
    Happy planning 🙂🙂🙂 #blocktoxicpeople
  • M
    Cape Verde
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YESS! I agree completely. I am having a similar dilemma with my high school friends Doris, Francis, and Darleen. I ended up blocking them and putting eggs in their soups after they said my wedding was going to be a total fail. They definitely will NOT be invited.#ruthless#bestweddingplan#blocktoxic people!

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Hailey. You’re right, If I have to question whether to invite someone to my wedding or not then I know the answer. 😬seems like everything workout for you two😍😁
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The way you explain I think you know your answer! On your wedding day you want people who are there to love and support you!!!
    My fiance and I ended up not inviting a couple who he has known through high-school thats somewhat in our friend group as she always made me uneasy and treat me very well... (also with numbers inviting them waa too many and would never hang out with just them only in a party setting)
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same here! I think this group is very supportive and I love it! We can all share and complain about wedding related or just vent in general. Thanks!😍😍😍 I hope that all is well with your wedding planning 💗
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 💕 I love this community it’s so nice having brides who can relate and vent to without feeling like a bridzilla! Lol

Awe I’m sorry, that’s unfortunate she’s acting like that, you definitely deserve friends who are going to be there for you and have your back no matter what!! 🤍🤍
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww thank you Alyx, I can see you’re a good friend too. Totally, like back when I had my first daughter when we don’t have a car, we bus to her house. Whenever she wants to meet up or stuff like that. But lately she only messages me when she needs something for example she’s also planning her wedding and asking me about the hair and makeup artist. Then i asked her your bridesmaids are not helping you and she said no. I said you better put them to work. That was our last conversation. But thank you for telling me. Friendship should be a two way street. It is final that she won’t be invited😁
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope definitely not! You only want people who love, support and cherish you and your fiancé!
    Just because you’ve known her a long time doesn’t mean she has to come to your wedding, if the friendship holds no value then it’s best cross them off the list!
    But I also want to say you sound like a great friend and I can relate to your situation. Having friends that I’m constantly there for and then it’s not reciprocated is tough!
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Rayanne. You’re right. She will not be invited. She might feel some type of way but oh well.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You know you don't have to ask anyone you don't want to. I don't think you really care if she's there. I wouldn't invite her.
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amanda. I think I’ve already know the answer if I have to asked 😬
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content