Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tessa
Newbie June 2018 Manitoba

Wedding Guest attire

Tessa, on June 1, 2019 at 11:53 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12
I am attending a friends wedding and I tried looking for dresses to wear. There is slim picking where I live and I found one that fits well, I could wear again and in my price point. The only thing, is that it is partially white.. it has lots of blue from the floral print and I plan to wear a colourful necklace and shoes. Should I be fine wearing this?

Wedding Guest attire 1

12 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on June 11, 2019 at 09:39
  • Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally wouldn't be upset if you wore this to my wedding but you would coordinate extremely well with the bridesmaids and moms. If you are close with the bride it wouldn't hurt to run it past her if you could to get her opinion on it, just be very open about it.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm personally not a fan of wearing any bit of white to the wedding if you're not the bride. It's a pretty dress for your bridal shower tho (if you choose to have one!).

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I would not be okay with it at my wedding - but I am a very black and white person so I make sure to express my opinion on every matter to everybody Smiley tongue I even half joke that I will have shirts pre made for people who wear dresses that are mostly white that say "Shame Shirt" lol I'm not sure if I will actually follow through but that's how I feel

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You’re fine! As long as it’s not entirely white you’re all good!
  • Emily
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you are more then safe to wear this. Its perfect for a summer time wedding. light and cool but not to close to looking bridal at all!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s the perfect floral for a wedding. If someone showed up in this at my wedding I would not mind at all. It’s a beautiful dress
  • Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think its totally fine. My mom is wearing a similar dress for my wedding, and I think she looks lovely in it. I would only be upset if someone showed up wearing all white!

• Tessa
    Newbie June 2018 Manitoba
    Tessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I appreciate it ladies. Take care.
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is a lot of blue floral but I'm not sure, since one of the main colors is white and it's long. I would either ask the bride or find a different dress
  • Alysa
    Beginner October 2019 Alberta
    Alysa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally fine to wear this. It’s a gorgeous summer dress, not bridal at all. You’re good girl 🙌🏼
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There's enough floral that I wouldn't be bothered at all. very pretty summer look
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As a bride, I would not be upset if a guest wore this - I think there's plenty enough blue it in not to look bridal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics