Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie October 2022 Alberta

Wedding gown vs bridesmaid dresses.

Sarah, on June 9, 2021 at 16:48 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8
Hey everyone.

So I have a pretty good idea of the type of wedding dress I want. Ballgown (not too big, just a little poof) with v neck and 3/4 lace sleeves. What type of bridemaids dresses would be good for this. Our date is Oct 2022 in Alberta, so weather is unpredictable. I'm just struggling to know if I should have some lace in bridesmaid dresses too? 🤔
Thanks in Advance ♥️

8 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on June 10, 2021 at 00:53
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Sarah 👋🏾
    I am getting married in October as well.

I am still working on choosing mother bridesmaid dresses. As my colour is burgundy, I’m looking at all burgundy dresses and choosing from those ideas (minus off the shoulders flowly that screams summer. I gave my bridesmaid the option to choose the bridesmaid dresses, however, my sister is very picky while my cousin and my fiancé’s cousin are cool about the options I shared with them. So now back to the drawing board, I gave them three options to choose from. So we’ll see.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! The bridesmaid dress is from Laura Canada if you're wanting to check out places

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh wow! So beautiful!! I'm deffo thinking something similar for bridemaids. Thank you 😊
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is my dress and what my MOH is wearing. The Bridesmaid don't have to really match what you're wearing I just tried to keep it a little bit different from my dress and not to have the same fabric
    Wedding gown vs bridesmaid dresses. 1
    Wedding gown vs bridesmaid dresses. 2

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I agree. I think some type of sleeve would be good. I'm ok with snow, I love winter, and also dont want any of them too freeze lol. Yha l you so much!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh that is very pretty! Thank you for your reply. I have lots of time yet, just trying to get ideas. 😊
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since you are doing it in October and in Alberta, it really depends on what time of the month you do it as well.

I find after living here for 15 years that sometimes we have a snowstorm around thanksgiving which then usually clears up for a few weeks and it is a hit and miss on snow at Halloween.

The bridesmaid dresses don't usually have to be any what matching of material the bride uses for her wedding dress, it is completely up to you. But since you are doing it in a month where the weather is cooler, I would suggest maybe something with sleeves as well since you are also having sleeves on the wedding dress. I am having this issue too because I am doing a winter wedding and would prefer if the bridesmaid dresses have some sort of sleeve - I do not want them looking too summery/boho when it is 3 weeks before Christmas we are getting married.

And the same goes for fall - since it is cooler maybe a bridesmaid dress with shorter sleeves would look nicer but not full sleeves since it isn't quite winter yet but it is definitely not summer anymore.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm planning on going with an almost all lace mermaid dress for myself. The dress I picked out for my bridesmaids has a little bit of a lace detail on the back! Its really a personal preference if you want them wearing lace as well!

The dress I picked out is the Azazie Lena dress if you want to take a look at it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics