Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Matilda
Frequent user June 2025 Ontario

Wedding Gown

Matilda, on September 30, 2023 at 06:26 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 5
We went for a drive last night and I fell in love with a wedding gown that was in a bridal shop window display. We are getting married in 20 months is it to early to try on this gown and purchase it ?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Matilda, on October 2, 2023 at 11:19
  • Matilda
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the advice. I will start shopping soon for wedding gowns and if I see another I will make a decision
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Based on reading a ton of dress discussions here on this forum, almost everyone who bought early will see another dress somewhere down the line that they wish they have. Sometimes they suck it up and regret not having that second dress, sometimes they end up buying that second dress and either try to sell off the first one or wear both to make up for their costs lol. If you don't want to be in either scenario, I would wait a bit. Unless that dress is going out of style and the maker will stop taking orders for it, there's no reason not to wait.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think its too early if you love it BUT my advice is because you are buying earlier, do not look at other dresses or try not to lol. I bought mine early and ended up returning because I fell in love with another one so, just something to be mindful of.

• Matilda
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok thanks Amanda I will be making an appointment and go try on this gown that I fell in love with
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No not at all! I bought my dress in January 2019 for our August 2020 wedding

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics