Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Frequent user June 2018 Ontario

Wedding Giveaway Question

Natalie, on March 11, 2018 at 09:42 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8
Hello! We are thinking about giving some sort of edible away at our wedding for our guests but I was wondering how to determine the number to order. If you are having 100 guests, do you buy one per guest? A little less assuming not everyone will take one? One per couple? Your advice is appreciated! Smiley smile

8 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on March 23, 2018 at 14:50
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would bass it off of the amount who rsvp to your wedding. There's always a few who can't come last second but then you will know you have enough either way

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would wait until you have your final RSVP count and do one favour per person.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like what everyone is saying, waot for rsvp and you'll assume they ask will be coming for sure. And if it's edible favor, I would give per person.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As the others have mentioned, if it's something to eat, you'll want one at each person's place setting, or where ever you'll place them. Generally, if they don't eat it at the wedding, they'll be taking them home to eat another time or give to someone else. If you invited 100, I would order about 80 and if you end up getting more people, you can do an emergency order for a few more. Double check with whoever your ordering from that this is a possibility, otherwise you'll want to wait until all your RSVPs come back

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending when you are receiving your RSVPs back, you could wait until you get the RSVPs back before ordering. If that doesn't give enough time, you could order one per person you invited. Most likely there will be people who can't attend, so you might have some leftover. But, the good thing about an edible favour is that you can enjoy the leftovers!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As soon as all your RSVPs come in it's safe to assume everyone that said yes will attend z even if they back out last minute. So you'd get the RSVP number and order that amount. If there are left overs just have them open for grabs, maybe but them at the dessert table and allow other guests to take them. But definitely order for your amount of guests that RSVP yes.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Renee that since it’s an edible favour, you should have enough per guest. If it were something none-edible (I.e. a candle, picture frame, etc.) then it could be one per couple.
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it's a favor I would buy for each guest. Lately when I see favors being given away, the bride has had the decorator place it in advance at each place setting. We are Carribean and will gave away rum cake as our favours in little boxes. I will set each box at each place setting and at least in this case since the cake is so yummy, I know everyone will take it home lol since it's edible I'm sure that will be the case with you as well!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics