Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Featured August 2023 Alberta

Wedding for August 2023

Brittany, on June 14, 2022 at 12:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

Can I start with WOW. Once my fiancé and I moved our wedding date by a year to 2023 instead of 2024 I have been working non-stop for a month getting ahold of vendors for our wedding and booking them.

We are doing a micro-wedding (30 guests invited) in Banff, Alberta. I ended up being able to book our officiant, wedding planner, ceremony location and photographer (all with Shotgun Wedding - an amazing company), the dinner/reception (Three Bears Brewery & Restaurant), flowers, rentals and hair & make-up. I managed to get a tasting for what seems like the only wedding cake baker in Banff area and she books a year out.

Because of how busy it is for next year already all vendors suggested booking as soon as possible. But now that is all done and I feel kind of bored! I did all the fun stuff as soon as I can because that's what they suggested and now I got nothing left.

Pretty much last thing to do this summer is to get my wedding dress and send out Save the Dates.

Since I have tried on so many dresses already, I know exactly what I am looking for. Now its just waiting for the right one!!!!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 4, 2022 at 21:58
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ots great you have your vendor team set and booked. Colours and small details are sonething to consider looking into for what give you both that personal touch.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so exciting! I was the exact same. Since we are doing an elopement style wedding, we would not be getting any golden hour photos so I found a photographer who is amazing and booked her for Saturday night to get some photos in Banff. I am so excited for these, to put back on my dress and get some gorgeous photos!

I have not said yes yet, I am too scared too because I said yes before and 2 months later decided against it! But this time, I have everything booked and know my colors and theme of my wedding so I have an idea of what I want to wear now! It's just finding the right one.

• Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married in Sept 2023 and we have booked all the big stuff too. I was afraid we would miss out on great vendors as everyone is now planning after being shut down for 2 years. I just said YES to my dress last week too as they told me 7-8 months to come in. I'm now enjoying planning the details now that the big stuff is out of the way...so many things to consider!! Enjoy the journey!!
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome! We are going to the brewery at the end of August when we go up for cake tasting! Super excited to try their food!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have a list of little things to buy too, I want to buy some now but I rather wait!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's so nice to have all of those big things done! Just wait, you won't be bored the last few months before! Now that my fiance and I are less then 2 months away, it's all of the little things getting completed.

• Danielle
    Curious August 2022 Alberta
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! That is so exciting that you have all of the important vendors booked.

I am going to the Three Bears Brewery in Banff next weekend for dinner as part of my bachelorette, I love it there! Sounds like you are going to have an amazing and beautiful wedding. Smiley smile

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No I've booked 3 appointments at 3 different stores August 20th. SO excited.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did last October when my brother and his wife were visiting, we always said that that's how it needed to be done haha because they are brutally honest and i got the most honest and best feedback

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I also have a little list of things I need to purchase, like a wedding welcome sign, guest board, cake topper, etc.

But now I don't have to worry about anything because all the big things are done.

Now it is time to say yes to the dress Smiley smile

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are doing the exact same now! Except for the cake, but we have our tasting on August 29th. If we like it enough, will probably walk right back and book!

Now it is time to say yes to the dress! Which I am so excited about! Have you done it yet?

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I understand that too well. I thought I was an eager bride planning almost two years for a wedding and I am glad I did not listen to the suggested timelines because I think I would have been screwed. Found the perfect venue and she made me change my date about 4 times before I could get a date I wanted, we originally wanted October 14th but went down to September 30th which wasn't a huge deal to us. Then trying to find photographers and other stuff was getting to the point of slim pickings. Now I get to enjoy my summer and slowly get things ready, buying things here and there, enjoying the process.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel ya!!

im now t the point where i have completely finished booking everyone i need and its just slotting money in the correct boxes until its time for everyone to be paid

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Honestly I was very tired by the end but it was great. I'll get pictures as soon as I can 😊 It's so nice to be done planning.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! And congrats on being married!!!! How was your weekend? I am super excited to see some of your photos LOL

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had the boredom too for a long time (an extra two years 🤣) but that last month, that will be here before you know gets crazy! Congrats on having all your stuff booked

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics