Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador

Wedding flowers

Meghan, on January 24, 2018 at 11:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
I have always wanted real flowers for my bouquets but I’m also trying to keep costs low. What are people’s thoughts on my bouquet being made with real flowers and using silk flowers for my bridesmaids?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on January 26, 2018 at 10:36
  • Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to make the artificial ones myself. My aunt is a florist (not the one doing mine because she’s off that week but does work with the lady who will be) so I’m sure she will be able to help.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could do this, but make sure the florists are on the same page or in contact about the designs, so that they flow. Or are you doing the artificial flowers? I am a florist, I specialize artificial lifelike flowers that my clients can keep. I recently did a wedding where the bride carried my artificial lifelike flowers and the bridesmaids had fresh flowers. She wanted to be able to keep her bouquet, but she didn't think her girls would care to. That's something to think about when deciding.

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have an appointment tomorrow to meet with a florist and get some ideas of flowers and prices. I guess I’ll make my decision after I talk to her! I just can’t justify spending hundreds of dollars on something that I’m only going to use for pictures!
  • Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As long as they look good when photographed!

You could always go a cheaper route with fresh flowers and have a bouquet made up with carnations, greens, and baby's breath?

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that is a great idea! You could also always stay on budget by finding a florist willing to work within your budget but that will also require you to be very open as to flower choice. Seasonal flowers will cost less and so will choosing flowers that aren't as popular.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics