Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

Wedding Favours Advice

Megis, on June 5, 2018 at 08:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
I'm trying to decide my wedding favours. Right now I'm thinking of giving pixels heart sugar cookies. My fiancee thinks that might be dull and guests will need a keepsake instead.

I need ideas and advice. Also what wedding favours are you using?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Gabbie, on June 8, 2018 at 09:48
  • Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of the main exports from my country is coffee, so we're going to give out dominican chocolate infused coffee (I lucked out, they will special package my favours in 20grs bags as I reached out to the factory directly) for our Canadian Guests and maple syrup infused coffee for our Dominican guests Smiley smile

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Paid 95$ for 150 key bottle openers off of amazon, it’s the cheapest deal I could find and they’re super durable!

Wedding Favours Advice 1
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm giving out 350ml bottles of my uncle's home made wine!! People can choose if they want to drink it right away or keep it for a while! Best of both worlds!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Go edible! Like people have said, extras can get eaten and people won’t just leave it in the back of a cupboard somewhere.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you're on the right track with an edible; how often can you say you've utilized a wedding favour that wasn't consumable? Majority of people toss an item they can't use.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Edible is the way to go. Nobody's gonna be mad you gave them a cookie instead of a coaster.

And if a few people leave them behind...then at least you're stuck with some yummy cookies, and not 57 vintage key bottle openers or something.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure yet, Following
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We gave out glass coasters which had the word "Love" on them to go with our theme. Some people still use them some didn't care for them at all. so i think at the end of the day you can't please everyone so as long as both of you like it and it makes since within your budget go for it.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that me and my FH will be wanting matches. This way we can have "A perfect Match" on them and it can be what they use to light the sparklers at the end of the night. And you can use it for more than to look at it. Personally when I get keepsakes at weddings like a cup or what have you; I throw it away. Why would I want something with someone else's names and wedding date on it? Especially only one of it.

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to a few weddings where they've done both. One of them, we got luggage tags and we use them for our luggage, so that was nice. I went to another where they gave us little salt&pepper containers and I honestly gave them away as bad as that sounds. And my friend last year gave us edible stuff, i think that was the best. we ate it, thought of them and that was that.

Personally, edible favours is the way to go and maybe something that has a purpose, not just a 'decoration' of some sort. We're giving out Hershey kisses and a bottle opener, might be useful for some people specially most of our friends and it's not too cumbersome to save.

• Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing seed bombs (or seed papers) attached to a thank you card, that will double as their place cards on the table. Smiley smile We figure we can hand write our thank yous in advance!

I also love the idea of little treelings as a wedding favour. Good for the environment, practical, and it is something that will live on for a long time. Smiley smile

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are undecided if we’re gonna do favours but our feedback from wedding planners and even my fmil is if your going to do one make it edible because otherwise you’ll end up with most of them being left behind.
    We might do a French pastry and sweets table to go along with our late lunch and so that will double as our favours (with bags or boxes to take some to go) and our “cake”
  • Maureen
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Maureen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having the same issue with Favours! Can't decide but looking for something edible

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m for the edibles option.
    We’re thinking organic soap and candy but we haven’t made a decision as yet.
    Pinterest is also a great source.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally love the idea of an edible wedding favour, and your cookie idea sounds lovely! I think with a "keepsake" wedding favour, you really end up with people either giving them away (to charity) or it ends up rarely being used (depending on what it is). Stick to your guns and just explain to him why you want what you want.

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I was thinking a lot of keepsakes end up gathering dust on shelves. Or being thrown out Smiley sad I thought food is the way to go so have to discuss again with the fiancee.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love your idea for favours! Honestly, things people can use are the way to go IMO. We are doing organic soap bars in a “please take one” box, then at each seat there will be a blue box filled with sixlets chocolate ball candies. People love things they can eat on their way home lol. I have been to so many weddings, and all the “keepsake” things are long gone.. or in a box somewhere. Lol
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had bought a crystal tealight votive holder in a nice box that was our favour to guests. On top was the thank you card with names personalized to have one thing less to do after the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics